Monday, July 20, 2015

COSTNER'S KESTRELS

Hollywood Superstar and famous Robin Hood impersonator, Kevin Costner, talks about his passion for the Mark Owen of birds.

 "I goddamn love kestrels. I could talk about those beaky sons-of-bitches all day. Not many people, and by people I mean the general public, know about my love for these creatures. I love them. I have done since I started in the film business.
They've been a constant in my amazing life. I have been obsessed with them since one flew into my window as a child (maybe it was AT a child, my pale prepubescent skin could easily have caused me to have been mistaken for a large, appealing mouse). My Pa and I nursed that bird back to health (not 100%, It flew sideways) and I remember looking at Graham (that was the bird) flying awkwardly to freedom and thinking to myself: "I want a kestrel" (and be a big film star)
 After I made it into the moving pictures, I used the money to start off my collection. I started small, literally, buying small birds and moving up to slightly bigger ones. I had a barn built for the kestrels to live in. It's still there. (My wife isn't but she was never a fan of my winged buddies) At a guess, I'd say I have over two hundred kestrels.
They all have names. Some of them are named after characters I've portrayed (Bull Durham and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, for example) or films I've been in (Waterworld and The Postman). After my award winning film Dances with Wolves won some awards, I brought seven celebratory kestrels (Although one died at a showbiz party. He got lost in a big hat) If I had my way, I'd spend every dime on these loveable birds. I'm something of an addict!
My wife could never understand and that's why she's dead (to me) I'm not the only Kestrel Head. I know of at least three other celebrities that share my fascination with these winged wonders.
I can't say their names, not in print at least, as they would prefer to keep it private. I'm not sure why. Show biz is pretty strange. Anyway, enough of my yik-yak, here are my favourite kestrels (and best friends)
MORRIS
Morris is someone I turn to when times are hard (my films aren't appreciated, I've lost my big keys etc.). Morris has a sage like wisdom. He's really in tune with me. Sometimes we finish each others sentences. In a way.
This is Jennifer. Jennifer is a sassy girl. She's the squark of the town (talk of the town) and all the men love her. She's had many lovers but they love her and she leaves them. She doesn't believe in being tied down and she wants to be a dancer.
This is Bryce. Bryce likes to stay indoors. He watches a lot of movies with me. He tends to get in a flap whilst watching them which I find annoying. I would put him outside but he's agoraphobic.
This is Oscar. Oscar is in a band. You can probably tell by the picture! He's got the rock and roll attitude down to a tee. He doesn't do drugs or small televisions or anything but his band can be pretty wild. Their first album is coming out next year. I've offered to play guitar on it but he politely declined. Kids, eh? (Kestrels)

 Anyway, that's my passion. I hope that I have enlightened you in some way to these amazing (sexy?) creatures. I could not live without them. Please enjoy my films, both old and new.

Sincerely, Kevin Costner - ACTOR

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...