Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Reasons to be Cheerful

Out of the funk. Clouds passed over. Clearer skies. I can't begin to explain why I get down sometimes as there is no rhyme or reason for it as my life has so much cool stuff in it.
It's because of these things that I decided to write an upbeat post of things that have made me smile and things I'm looking forward to.

Why don't you do the same?


Yay!:

  • Having my body parts plastered on not only The Steve's blog, but also Graces'. My Mom would be so very proud.
  • The nice review of 'Bent Soul' by Stephanie.
  • The kind, useful emails I got regarding the aforementioned script. Cheers for those who spotted the typos I'd missed. All useful.
  • The nice comments in the downer post. I know it's going to sound cheesy and stuff but it means a lot. It's always nice to know there are decent, caring people out there on the net. (A place usually used for bitching at people and swapping pictures of topless celebrities)
  • V Festival. Going to check out: Robert Plant, Tom Vek, The Perishers, Josh Rouse, I am Kloot and many other unsung heroes. Oasis can bugger off.
  • Cool new opportunities have presented themselves and given me the chance to be creative on a completely different level. I won't yak on about this just yet because I have a habit of jinxing things. It could be very cool if it all works out.
  • Another trip to see my cousins in Southampton. That means drinks at The Hobbitt bar (The best theme bar ever. No, scratch that, the best bar EVER.) and dances at Lennons (They play Jurassic 5 and The Postal Service. Kings!)
  • The other blogs. Keep me sane through the downer and dull days. The people to the right (Or down below if Blogger fucks up) are some of the coolest people I have never met. You know who you are. Keep it up. Blogging is the new rock and roll, I'm sure.
  • Wine. Wine is always fine.
  • Cool housemates (Yes, that's you Steve) who put up with my silly shit for longer than I would wish upon anybody. Well, to be honest, Steve and I trade silliness. It's like a currency. Sadly, we can't pay the rent that way.

I'm running out of steam (And my lunch time) but I thought I'd throw down a positive post before things go back to talk of giant crabs and bent souls.

I hope you are all having a good day. You deserve it.

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...