Friday, September 09, 2005

Honesty List

After reading a few other blog posts about 'Sevens' I thought to myself 'I could do that'.

I couldn't.

I don't know if it's from only having 2 hours sleep or if '7 things I'll...' was a bit too much (Or too little. At this point it's all askew) I decided to do a different version of it. A remix if you will.
For those with a whiff of interest into my strange little world, here is a random list of random stuff.


Before I Die I Want To:


  • Swim with sharks
  • Write more films
  • Make a punk/folk record
  • Direct a music video
  • Meet Ryan Adams
  • Slap a celebrity on my 'Celebrity Slap List'
  • Shag a celebity on my 'Celebrity Shag List'
  • Go to NYC, Utah etc
  • Perform stand-up properly
  • Own a monkey for a day (Maybe two)
  • Design tee-shirts

I Know I Will Never:

  • Watch 'Watership Down' again
  • Do most of the things in the list above
  • Have children
  • Get my hardcover 'Dark Knight Returns' back
  • Meet Woody Allen
  • Drive a car
  • Smoke
  • Commit myself to someone
  • Live to be an old man
  • Get tired of my band of brothers

I look for the following things in the opposite sex:

  • Creativity
  • Humour
  • Truth
  • Grace
  • Good music and film taste
  • Nice enough face

I'd be lying if I said I was:

  • Flawless
  • Good at sports
  • A good dancer
  • A half-decent singer
  • Whitney Houston
  • A fan of mobile phones
  • Good with technology

I don't believe in the following things:

  • Religion
  • The British Government
  • War (I'd be a bit fucked up if I did)
  • Love
  • Reality television
  • Eric fucking Idle

I fancy the following rich, famous or otherwise people:

  • Britney Murphy
  • Jessica Alba
  • Natalie Portman
  • Alex Zane

I wish the following people were still alive:

  • Jeff Buckley
  • Bill Hicks
  • Eliott Smith
  • Nick Drake
  • Peter Cook
  • Granddad

I wish the following people were dead (Or I'd sacrifice any of the following to resurrect any of the above)

**Removed for the sake of karma***

There was more but I got bored.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...