Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All play and no work

Truly, it was a grand freakend.
Stephanie was a fantastic host once again. We saw The Grates and The Go! Team at Brighton Corn Exchange. Great, great fun. The Grates were bouncy and punky with a very cute front woman who seemed to be having a hell of a time. The Go! Team were fizzy with their retro visuals and punchy, jump-rope music. If they are ever in your town I'd recommend checking both bands out..

Stephanie took me around Brighton's cool stores and we did quite a lot of music shopping. I picked up The Album Leaf's 'In A Safe Place' and Modest Mouse's 'The Lonesome Crowded West' for £5 each. Uber Bargain! Brighton has some amazing indie record stores that you could get lost in...they're cheap too. No Virgin Megastore/HMV rip-offs.

Stephanie is always fun. She's a great friend and a brilliant host. It was good to catch-up, watch DiG! (Superb film), share jokes, Watch Sonic Youth videos (Some good, some shitty but funny)...it was a fun, fun weekend that, in my fried state, I'm having trouble jotting down...
Thanks again to Stephanie for playing host, getting me Go! Team tickets, the belt, the 'Goodbye Lenin' DVD, the Wilco tee and the big, red glasses (They are so cool)...everything...


...Thanks to Steve for the big welcome home. Sorry I had to crash out. Lotsa travelling and little rest make Chris a tired trooper.

12 comments:

Christopher D. Bate said...

You've gotta love the Mouse. I have yet to see them live but they are on my 'MUST SEE' list.

Cindy-Lou said...

You're on my MUST SEE list.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

The Go! Team will be here in Boston within the next month or so. Yay for all the music coming to Boston in March & April!

JM said...

I'm glad you had fun.

sarah said...

sweet!

i'm always jealous of your freakends, i just sleep in and or go hiking. no concerts.. no indie music stores.. (no such thing here, really.)

so do we get to see a photo of you in your big red glasses??

Blog ho said...

i wish i had a friend like stephanie

Christopher D. Bate said...

Cindy-Lou--Oh you! *giggles*

Boston Stephanie--Are you going to see them?

Angel--It's always fun in Brighton. It's mostly down to the host.

Sarah--I'll post one up soon for you all to laugh at. Maybe if you're in the U.K anytime we can have a freakend..

Ho--I'm very glad of my Stephanie friend. I'll try and clone her for you..

Devil Mood said...

The ideal weekend :)
Goodbye Lenin has to be one of my favourite movies - I love it!

Christopher D. Bate said...

I'm going to watch it when I have more time to myself. That happens sometimes...

Stephanie said...

I think I'm going to see them, yes. I'll probably blog the whole list at some point - tons of good music coming to Boston, which is unusual for this time of year. The Soledad Brothers are coming too. Yay! - Steph (boston)

Stephanie said...

You are too kind, Christopher. :) I had a great weekend too.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Boston Stephanie--I saw The Soledad Brothers when they supported the White Stripes a few years ago. I liked what i heard. I'd like to see them again.

Stephanie--I call it like I see it..

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...