Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dear Adam


Cousin,

Good to hear from you all the over there in America Land.

Your email came at a good time as I have been staring at my screen and not really doing much. I’ve been busy in my own world (as usual) because work doesn’t really cut it for me. I’ve been sitting on my hands waiting for other, more appeasing things to unfold. It’s a little frustrating because people seem to be taking AGES to get their shit together. The BBC has been playing a very annoying game of cat and mouse. I’m starting to feel like Alan Partridge (“I want a second series”) The thing is, I WILL dance in my boxers if they’ll give me a shot (on T.V, not ‘in the mouth’)

We’ll see how it goes I suppose.

I have been checking out new bands. That’s where most of my not-so hard earned money goes. I went to the NME New Bands show last night and saw The Howling Bells (Lovely stuff) I Forward Russia (Excellent) Automatic (Generic indie band #892) and Boy Kill Boy (Dull with BAD hair). I saw Teddy Thompson in Brighton with Stephanie a couple of weeks ago and that was good. I’m going to see the Great Lake Swimmers on Saturday and Sleater-Kinney at the end of the month. I’ve been really digging the following bands: Tapes N Tapes, The Ralfe Band, Two Gallants, Wintergreen, The Organ and The Young Knives. You may have heard of both of them as your musical palette is rather refined (Thanks again for kick starting my Okkervil River/Shearwater obsession)

I’d love to come over to Asheville. I’ve really got to start moving around a little more. I do travel but I haven’t had adventures overseas for quite some time (I’ve had adventures on the high seas, however.)

Enough of my fat prattle, I hope you and your wife are well (Wow, how strange is that to write down? You big grown ups!)

Manly Love,

Chris

7 comments:

Steve House said...

wow all that and I want manly love too

DanProject76 said...

I get manly love on tap...

Ralfe Band? Boosh connection, as with most cool things these days.

Helllo.

Time for bed!

Stephanie said...

Someone at my part-time job asked me if I just work there to support my music habit.

Okkervil River is on tour, but not near me :( I do get to see Tapes N Tapes and Shearwater though...& maybe Sigur Rós this weekend (that one would be free though). My other current obsessions include Eels and Neko Case.

Hope the BBC gives you your shot :)

Stephanie said...

Here's the adventure you've been waiting for! :)

Lucky you for having such a cool cousin. I can't really talk music with my family apart from my brother.

Say "hi" to the young couple for me. :)

Cathy said...

"manly love".
I love that. Fingers crossed for the BBC to come through. How about trying out the CBC as well?...Canadians love British humour.

kimberlina said...

manly love. hott.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...