Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 AD

How are you, guys and girls? Did you have a good New Years?

I hope that you held your booze better than I did. I'm out of practice with wine and it made me very sick with little time to shape up for the countdown.

Still, I got to spend some quality time with Kylie and that's all that counts. One of my favourite moments was picking tracks and putting on a little playlist for people to dance and sing to. A guy dressed as the killer from Scream was crazy for Kasabian.

There are pictures on the flickr thing if you want to see what went on.

The only downer regarding the New Years Party was that two of my closest friends decided to cancel at the last minute because they couldn't be arsed (H's actual words)
This hurt a little bit, more so when it was later revealed that my best friend ended up bumping me to hang around with people he doesn't even like.


They'll be less of that this year, methinks. Sometimes I get knocked by the people I care about and I bury it under a fake plastic smile. One of my resolutions is not to allow things like this to happen or, at the very least, let them disturb me as much as they do. I can't really change the (sensitive) person I am but I can limit the amount of crap that I sometimes have to endure from my nearest and dearest.
I want to be able to say NO when it's needed. YES is fine and dandy but too much can be counter-productive.

I've made a set of resolutions and they're nothing that I can't commit to. I want to travel, see more places and spend more time doing the things I love. Kylie has opened many doors for me and I want to dance through them all. We have a lot of adventures to go on and we already have a bunch of things to look forward to.
2007 has the potential to be a very awesome year where the seeds planted in '06 begin to flourish.


RESOLUTIONS:


-Travel/Holiday more

-Drink less Redbull and take less Pro-Plus

-Meet more Bloggers: Ben, Norton, Dan and the rest of the U.K-based folk (THEN go global!)

-Try and make Bent Soul as good as possible (You've seen the trailers for 'Employee of the Month' , right?)

-Do something with Ben Baker...(I'm talking comedy here, cheekies!) It would be much fun and he rules (Check his site and shows for proof). It's bull that he's not on T.V when Catherine Tate and that sort of unfunny ilk clutter up primetime. I've said this before (In bars and on blogs) and I'll keep saying it until it happens.

-Find new places to have Freakends

-Move house

-FIND NEW JOB

-Go to 'All Tommorows Parties' in April

-Visit my cousin in America Land.


Those are just a few that have come to mind right now.

What are yours?


(Maybe Blogger should actually let me upgrade to the new version like it keeps asking me to. Everytime I try it tells me that I can't. Bloody teasers!)



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually haven't made any resolutions at all for the first time in my life.

Mind you I never stick to them anyway, I always end up doing the thing that is bad for me.

Cindy-Lou said...

Sounds like your best friend doesn't know what he has. Happy New Year, Chris!

Blair said...

Sorry for canceling bizzle, all i can do is appologise. Hope your year goes great, for me, i shall embrace the dark.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2007!

Looks like more travel and blogger-meeting in my future too. Maybe I'll see you U.K. folks at some gigs this fall if things go to plan.

DanProject76 said...

Meet Bloggers, you say?

I am meeting some bloggers this weekend for an adventure. If it goes well it might have to be repeated with a larger cast...

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I have decided to make a MONTHLY resolution instead.

First up... to shed the weight that I gained for the past 5 days! Hmmm that should be easy! LOL.

Attainable I hope.

Christopher D. Bate said...

John--I think mind are do-able because they are normal things that I really need to do. I really hope I get a new job. I don't want to be stuck in my office hell for another year.

Cindy-Lou--It's always a kick in the pants when someone lets you down. I'll just be hestitant to ask people like that out again. Some people are never happy and I've got to realise that I can please all of the people all of the time.

Blairo--(Exhibit A)

Stephanie--I really want to meet more Bloggers this year because I always have awesome times when I meet up with them. (Si, Maja, Geezer, Brighton Stephanie etc) Hopefully, we can meet up for a gig or something this year.

Dan--It would be grand to meet up, sir. I really hope that happens this year.

Red Hot Sexy Papa--I need to slay some Christmas weight or at least start eating normal food stuffs. Monthly resolutions are a good idea.

Unknown said...

I don't do New Year Resolutions. No need to disappoint myself.

But, if I did, I think my resolution would be to try and keep myself from going off the deep end for yet another year. :-)

Christopher D. Bate said...

Ben--It's all part of my 'hang around with cool people and leech off their charisma and talent' resolution.
Seriously though, a meet up would be great, great fun.

Curare_Z--My resolutions are more like action plans, nothing too fancy. Mostly, I'd like to fine tune myself and keep on keeping on. I'm happier than I've ever been.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Oh, For those curious, here is one of many draft notice letters I've considered handing in:


NOTICE LETTER DRAFTS


Dear Slave Trader,


I would like to terminate my contract with *** as of _______________
My reasons are many and varied but they could be summarised in a series of frustrated sighs, snores and, in some cases, sobs.
I am choosing to escape before freewill is written out of whatever office rules or ‘employee deals’ you force upon the desperate folk that toil for the peanuts you pay them.

Thanks for nothing

Christopher Bate

P.S Go fuck yourselves

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're problem is being too sensitive, you're just (this is my guess) too pure and too giving and some people aren't like you, they are petty and full of conflicts...so you sometimes get surprised that they're not like you. You're innocent in a good way!
Hope you're hangover has passed now :)

I don't have resolutions but I like yours - perhaps I can borrow them :)

Cathy said...

America Land is huge, but if you are ever passing through the eastern edge of Canada...let me know.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Oh, Canada is on my list. I'd love to go.

Anonymous said...

Must give up Lindor this year. Are you looking forward to Cadbury's World on Saturday?! Hehehe.

More cheese and crackers = the way forward for 2007 xxxxxxxxxxxx

Christopher D. Bate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christopher D. Bate said...

Of course :) As much as I'm not that fussed about chocolate, I've always wanted to go to Cadbury's World.
I'm eager to see some umpa-lumpas or variations thereof..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!

She de la Handbag said...

Happy new year sir and good luck with the resolutions!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Christopher -
to you and your sweetheart
Kylie:)

Christopher D. Bate said...

I've finally got plans. Some of them are very, very cool

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...