Friday, April 18, 2008

Whoops and Loops

Yesterday was incredibly fun (We worked it out that it was at least 8.6 out of 10) and it was great to get away from it all and forget about the chores of adult life for the day.
Theme parks always bring out the kid in us, more so me. I ran around, jumping from ride to ride, scoffing waffle cone ice cream and playing in the arcade. It was a pirate-themed park so everything was just great for me. As well some of you know, I've always yearned to be a pirate (but a nice one)

These be the particular high lights:

- G-Force: A ride which starts with a slow loop and whips you around every which way. I did some swearing and laughing as we dashed round that coaster.

- The Zoo. Tigers are always amazing to look at, so powerful, majestic and dangerous. We also saw a chimp who made a motion for us to 'go away' before, well, endulging himself. He kept looking over his shoulder in a coy, "Is this fun for you?" way. He seemed to be a mildly perverted primate.

- Myself and Moves managed to get stuck half way up a steep climb on a water coaster. We were there for ages, wondering if we should try and get off or smile and wave some more at the gathering of nosey people who had spotted a lovely chance to point, laugh and take pictures. The two kids in front of us were almost creepily calm. Children are made of stern stuff these days. In the early eighties, I got stuck at the top of a log flume and I almost wet myself (with fear)

- I was tired when we got home. Pizza, tea and 'Flight Of The Conchords' and then some hefty zzz. I wish all days could be as free and easy as this.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...