Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday is my day off. Always is. Thanks to a deal I worked out ages ago to work 5 days worth of hours in 4, I can spend Friday writing and getting things done. Today, a trip into town proved to be successful. I picked up biographies of The Beatles, Sammy Davis Jr. and Cary Grant for £3 each. That'll make my 'To read' listen even bigger. I'm currently reading 'Pigs Might Fly' a biog about Pink Floyd. It's a great read but it just proves that Roger Waters is a douche. Gimme Gilmour every time. That man has class.
I also brought Posnett 'Blink', a book she's wanted for ages. On the way back, I bumped into an old friend. My ex-girlfriends Mom to be exact. She's always friendly and alway seems happy to see me. I'm always understandibly nervous though. She's a nice lady but I always feel that she shouldn't be talking to me. I don't think she cares about all that old stuff. I wouldn't want to be attacked or anything.
I spoke to my Dad. He's back into his music and gigging from next week. Bias aside, my Dad is a great singer and really fun to watch. Swing and rock and roll stuff. I'm looking forward to going to a few of his gigs. My Sister, Brother in law and Little Jake popped over to see the flat. My nephew is infatuated with Kylie at the moment and was a little sad that she was at work. After Nick-A-Palooza last weekend, Sally and Paul are eager to come to another party. I don't see them that often so it'll be nice to enjoy more drunken hangouts. My buddy Aaron is coming over in a while and we're going to drink tea, play XBOX and enjoy hearty banter.
Why am I posting about this? It's mostly to note down the good things. This week has been below par, save for the fleeting moments I've seen Kylie. It's nice to remind myself of how life can be away from the shitty 9 to 5. I wish I have more days like this but that would probably cause me to lose the flat.

3 comments:

DanProject76 said...

This reminds me of how much I need a good night out.

Most of my friends are ones I hardly ever see or have never met in the flesh!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Paint the town red, Dan!

Devil Mood said...

I never really knew the full extent of the Pink Floyd spat but I just like Gilmour, he has a charisma so I'll pick him anyday.

Oh I didn't know your Dad was a singer. :)

Glad you broke free from your job. There's no putting chains in us 14th of December. No, no.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...