Friday, December 24, 2010

2:55 am-3:17 am

I need to get my electronic house in order again. I've found it really hard to blog recently, scrapping many posts. I'm not sure why. Lots of stuff going on. I need to make more effort to record it and reconnect with blogger and my old buddies on here. Facebook is all well and good but I like reading the full happenings of my faraway friends.
So, yeah, that's what I'm going to do more of in 2011. I have been around on tumblr but that's more of a scrapbook type deal.
Currently, it's Christmas Eve. I woke up and cannot seem to sleep. Perhaps it's festive excitement. I wrapped my girlfriend's gifts so it feels a lot more real. I say wrapped. It looks, from the messy union of tape and pretty reindeer paper, that I hate her. I don't, of course. I'm just rubbish at wrapping. This is why I need a butler. A snooty one or a sassy, sarcastic one like in 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air'. He could do my Christmas wrapping for me. Is that the duties of a Butler or is that one step too far? 
Anyway, it's around 2:59 am (Around? It's exactly that time as of this sentence). I'm catching up on blogs and listening to  'Oldies & Cakes' by Lokid. Retro Hip-Hop breaks. It's a good soundtrack and well worth getting off Bandcamp.
I love Bandcamp. It's like an audio treasure trove of audio goodies.





What I've been up to:


- Actually enjoying (For the most part) my day job.
- Reconnecting with the 'other side' (The creative side, not the Dark Side)
- Writing films for very talented American folks
- Co-writing with an impressively bearded drummer.
- Getting in shape
- Being all thirty-one and oddly feeling better than I did 10 years ago. (I seem to have regressed but in a good way)
- Recently celebrated being with a good girl for 4 years.
- Plotted for various fests and holidays
- Read interesting books
- Tried to grow my own beard. Fail.
- Used the word 'Fail' too much
- Wore more interesting socks


It's 3:13 am now.
Not a creature is stirring which is a good thing because no one needs creatures in their house at this time of night. (IDEA: Paranormal Activity from the POV of the ghost. Perhaps chucking to itself as it plots menace.)
3:15 am. Time to hit the hay. Not literally. 







No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...