Thursday, June 30, 2005

The day after the days before

I'm so tired. I think the past few days have caught up with me. After Ryan 'Fanny' Adams cancelled the Birmingham gig, Matt and I decided to go out and do something. We ended up going to The Planet. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It was 'Emo' night. We thought 'Hey! that could be fun on the bun!' We quickly learnt a valuable lesson about this musical genre..

..'Emo' is pretty shit.

It was full of miserable looking people, nodding at what appeared to be the same, whiney song on a loop. Matt, D.J and myself tried to bust several moves much to the disgust of the mopes that surrounded us.
I did try to liven things up by trying to get into the deserted cage where the girls usually gyrate. One of the bouncers stopped me before I could climb in by saying:

"Excuse me, are you a sexy girl?"

"Yes" I said with a shrug because, after a few double J.D's, I wasn't completely sure.

He told me to go away. Sexism?

Last night we saw We Are Scientists at The Little Civic. A place so small that the bands HAVE to mingle with the crowd. The band were great, really good fun and I recommend giving them a listen.
I'm heading up to Birmingham on Friday to go to Ramshackles. The Super Furry Animals are hosting the night so it will either be wacky and cool or tacky and shit. Still, the drinks are cheap.

This isn't one of my most exciting posts. I'll revert back to posting up sketch/script based drivel shortly. I just throught I'd throw some words out there because I'm so very tired and so very, very bored.

I hope your day is going well and you haven't had to cross a bridge with a troll on it. (NOTE: Don't pay the troll to pass by. There is ALWAYS another way around. If you give them money they will just spend it on axes or clubs.)

Love and Lordy,

Christopher Hey-Hey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...