Wednesday, July 27, 2005

100 Random Facts

Thought I'd have a shot at this, just to see if I could come up with 100 interesting things about myself.

  1. I was born Christopher David Bate on the 14th December 1979
  2. As a child I was terrified of Santa. As an adult I'm scared of heights, spiders, horses and Play Doh. I suppose my worst way to die would be to be chased by off a very tall building by a big spider riding a horse. A horse made of Play Doh.
  3. As a child I wanted to be a comic book artist. I was sixteen when I realised I couldn't draw like the fellas in my favourite comic 2000AD.
  4. 'Clerks' restored my faith in films and has remained my favourite ever since.
  5. It's closely followed by 'Before Sunrise'.
  6. 'Watership Down' is the film that terrified me so much as a child that I won't watch it as an adult.
  7. Robert Plant of Led Zep has had tea at my house.
  8. I'm hooked on pasta.
  9. I'm into most types of rock. I love indie, post-rock and folk. I also have a thing for seventies heavy metal and prog thanks to H. (Styx, Dio, SAHB and Rush rule the old rock school)
  10. I had a hamster called Rowdy after Rowdy Roddy Piper, my favourite WWF wrestler.
  11. When he 'went away to Hamster Land' I had two other hamsters Putty and Jaffa but Rowdy was the best.
  12. 2003 was my worst year.
  13. I wasn't too keen on 1994 either.
  14. I've had my hair bleached blonde when I was at college. It looked stupid.
  15. Unlike my recently dyed black hair which looks great (Well, I think)
  16. I value friends more than family.
  17. Some people trust the bible, I trust the words of Bill Hicks.
  18. I love tea.
  19. One of the coolest things anyone ever did for me is get me tickets to see Woody Allen at the Hammersmith Apollo. Seeing my personal hero in the flesh was the best.
  20. I prefer foreplay to sex.
  21. My favourite album is 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley
  22. My least favourite is '100 Windows' by Massive Attack (What a dissapointment)
  23. I have contemplated suicide many times and tried it once. (See 12)
  24. I'm much happier now than I've ever been. (See 15)
  25. One of my biggest regrets is not taking up the opportunity to do stand up at The Bear comedy club in Birmingham.
  26. I had a list of people I needed to apologise to because of certain events. I have completed the list. Fences mended. Karma restored.
  27. I used to enjoy calling up late night radio stations pretending to be different people with different problems.
  28. I'm not a big computer games person but I do enjoy Smackdown. X-Com is one game I could spend hours and hours on. One day I will finish it.
  29. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by some unique and talented people (H, The Steve among others)
  30. I never want children.
  31. I once streaked across a camp site in the early hours of the morning with two of my cousins.
  32. I have kissed a man...to impress a girl. I think I just impressed the chap.
  33. My favourite superheroes as a child were Batman and Spiderman.
  34. Ringu is the only scary movie to make me scream at the screen.
  35. If I enjoy a day enough I will give it a name (Buns and Guns Day etc)
  36. I have not, as yet, beaten Steve on Amped 2.
  37. From the age of 9 to 13 'The Lost Boys' was my favourite film.
  38. It was through the above film that I befriended Harry Davis. It is the only decent film Joel Schumacher has ever made.
  39. I was so dissapointed by the 'Judge Dredd' movie that I cried. (It was a travesty!)
  40. Tom and I once walked home from Birmingham. It took four hours.
  41. I prefer Pepsi to Coke.
  42. I won't eat any meat off the bone.
  43. My favourite stand up comedy video is Steve Coogan 'The Man Who Think's He's It'
  44. It's closely followed by Ricky Gervais's 'Politics'
  45. I hate football.
  46. I like wrestling. I'm not a fan as such but I do enjoy the theatrics.
  47. Vagina's frighten me a little.
  48. I always carry around a bag containing a notebook in case I get any ideas for scripts and such.
  49. Because of the above fact my Grandfather used to call me 'Paper Boy'.
  50. I am one half of 'The Conversational Balloonists'.
  51. I once got a story read out by Jo Whiley on Radio One. It was for the 'Changing Tracks' section of her show.
  52. It accompanied one of my favourite tracks 'Once Around The Block' by Badly Drawn Boy.
  53. 'Death Rides The Nine' was originally going to be a story called 'Drinking With Jesus'.
  54. It was for a college project. It was deemed unsuitable by my tutors.
  55. Since I can remember I have kept the same cuddly toy which is now frayed but still on my bed.
  56. I would love to have a shark attack scar.
  57. I am a terrible actor.
  58. Earlier this year, I got to ask Kevin Smith a question at a London Q and A.
  59. I had my first and only fight at 15, sticking up for my brother. (I won)
  60. I have saved every 2000AD comic from 1989 to 1997.
  61. I like inventing my own words and phrases or using H's words or phrases in casual conversation.
  62. One of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard was "There is a fine line between noble and stupid". It was H the Saint.
  63. I love the smell of Dax Wax.
  64. I have never been to a strip bar. They seem pointless to me (See 48)
  65. After drinking too much J.D I once puked into my underpants.
  66. I once entered a drinking game on holiday to impress a dutch girl. I couldn't drink the pint quick enough and decided to pour the rest of the drink over my head to win back some credibility. Strangely, the girl was impressed.
  67. I don't like cheesy 80's pop music.
  68. If I was rich, I would move to Hamburg.
  69. I have never had one of these.
  70. I don't like the term 'Meal Deal'.
  71. I don't mind the term 'Meals On Wheels'.
  72. I love thunder storms. When I was a kid I used to sit outside, under an umbrella. As an adult, I feel the compulsion to sit under a tree.
  73. I met Michael Tighe (Who played with Jeff Buckley and appeared on my favourite album) in a toilet in The Little Civic, Wolverhampton. I got him to sign my bus pass.
  74. I have read most Woody Allen biographies more than twice.
  75. My day job means nothing to me.
  76. If anyone asks what I do, I tell them I'm a writer.
  77. I like girls who wear glasses.
  78. According to an internet survey I'm 26% gay. (I thought it would be more)
  79. Yellow is my favourite colour.
  80. I have no compulsion to drive.
  81. Nor have I felt the urge to smoke.
  82. I'm currently reading 'Yes Man' by Danny Wallace.
  83. I usually read at least three books at a time. Usually biographies.
  84. I was one of the smallest kids when I first started secondary school.
  85. But one of the oldest in the year.
  86. I tend to apologise more than I should.
  87. If I was in a band they would sound like a cross between The Pixies and The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.
  88. For a period when I was a kid I was fooled by peer pressure to ignore the music I really liked and follow the trends of the time. Never the sheep again.
  89. I once participated in a game called 'Stars And Their Arses'.
  90. H and I were thrown out of Chris Morris's internet forum for being 'too weird'.
  91. For at least three years I have wanted to learn the guitar but have failed to grasp it.
  92. I have a large collection of wrist bands, beads and straps.
  93. I'm not a fan of blow jobs. I'd never request it, least of all from someone I loved.
  94. When I was little I wrote to 'Jim'll Fix It' asking to be in a film with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.
  95. Sometimes I sleep sitting up in bed.
  96. I once went to London to meet a film company. It turned out to be fruitless. I did, however, get a free meal and a book. (The meal was great)
  97. I don't like Christmas.
  98. I disliked a former friends girlfriend so much that I nicknamed her 'Hordak' (From She-Ra) H and I made a song about said 'girl' which contained the line "Hordak!/Her face is like a shit-filled sack!".
  99. The only T.V I tend to watch is mostly music channels.
  100. This is the last time I'm going to write down 100 things about myself. Far too difficult.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...