Tuesday, July 12, 2005

From The Top Rope!

After a dull, humid and soul-sapping day in the office, it was good to kick back with H and put the world to rights over a brew. H has just completed a fantastic portrait of my late-Grandfather. We are presenting to my Grandmother tonight as a way to mark what would have been 50 years of marriage and we were both feeling pretty good.
Anyway, I was showing H a short film I'd made on my mobile called 'WWF Champion' which basically consists of me holding a mic and shouting surreal threats to the camera (Ala the golden days of WWF/E)


"When I get in that ring with you, Hogan, I'm going to introduce you to a French dentist..."


He loved it. He asked for a copy and I sent it to him via Bluetooth. As I was doing so he turned to me and said that he and our other friend Lee (A very tall chap with a penchant for star-jumping whilst waiting at the bar) had been asked to join a local wrestling organisation as a tag-team.


The West Midlands, it seems, is rife with wrestling.

So now he's bulking up and hulking up in preparation for his first bout. I'm trying to get in on the action as a manager of some kind (Or a cheer leader)

So H will have every area covered; artist, musician, writer, body builder and now wrestler.
I have to get a few more skills.

Just thought I'd share that.

It's a slow ass day.

Oh, and if anyone knows how to put mp3 files or short films on blogger than let me know. I have couple of amusing shorts I'd like to show you.

Take it easy and, if you get the chance, offer a thirsty dog some water. He'll love you like crazy.

Chris 'Double axehandle super headlock fandango frog splash' Bate

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...