Friday, July 08, 2005

The Story of Raffles


This cheery looking feline was found in my garden. He was lying on the patio and I noticed him through the kitchen window as I was making H a nice warm beverage. Posted by Picasa


He looked a little bedraggled and forlorn so we decided to feed him. I gave him some tuna and a bowl of water. He was very thankful. We decided to give him a name. At first we thought Kenneth would be suitable but H suggested Raffles. We said he was a travelling folk singer with a degree. He had fallen into hard times and was down on his luck. He had perhaps put money on the wrong horse or hung around with a bunch of bad cats.


We then celebrated our good deeds with ice-lollies.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...