Saturday, August 06, 2005

Ready For V
















The Steve decided to test the tent we will be cramming into for V 2005 (And maybe Leeds if we can win those tickets off ebay) We'll be a lot less cleaner at the festival and we won't smell as fresh but, hey, when in Rome...roll in shit.

The V line-up is admittedly a bit poo and very mainstream but I made a promise to Tom that I would stay for the whole weekend this year.
I'm looking forward to seeing the smaller bands: The Perishers (YGWIN got me into them, bless her), Tom Vek, Josh Rouse, Thirteen Senses etc. Most of the fun of a festival is the people. After the gigs finish it's always good to walk around and hang around with random people. Last year at Reading David J and I convinced a bunch of people that there was a 'Lesbian Fun Tent'. We got quite an eager, guillible following. We also joined an accoustic comedy group and sang all manner of silly shanties. I can't wait for 3 days of fun, filth and frolicals.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...