Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Return Of Raffles


Raffles returned yesterday after weeks of not having heard anything from our shabby feline friend. No calls, texts, letters or emails--Nothing. I didn't push him as he seemed a little stressed and he's not much of a talker. We heard from a friend of a friend that Raffles used to be a folk singer. Wether he went back on tour with his old band or simply spend a few weeks chasing birds, we'll never know.
Raffles never seems happy. He always seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders (Do cats have shoulders?). This could be for many reasons. He's a furry ball of mystery for sure. A bitter sweet bundle of misery. Perhaps he's just trying to be cool and interesting like those faddish, flash-in-the-pan bands do when they're on the cover of NME. He's better than that. I've told him so. He just meeows. He knows.
"Opinions are like arseholes" He said "Everyone's got one". He then went back to eat the food that H had put out for him. He's so wise. I could learn a lot from him and I intend to.
Next time he comes over he says he's going to teach me how to talk to women. In return, I'm going to buy him a bow tie. Fair trade.

Look at him, if you've ever wondered if a cat could pout then here is photographic proof.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...