Monday, September 05, 2005

Daddy Long-Legs (Will devoir us all)


I had an unwanted guest in my bedroom last night. He must have gotten in through the window. He was bobbing about, bashing against the wall and the light fixture whilst emitting a truly annoying buzzing sound. I thought I'd leave him to it because I don't mind Daddy Long-Legs as much as I mind spiders (Although they do look like spiders that can hover). After a while, its buzz, buzz, buzzing really started to get on my nerves. He also decided to bob around my head, interrupting the comedy DVD I was enjoying.
Enough was enough. I didn't fancy getting bullied by something so small, hairy and ugly (Not again, anyway) I reached over and grabbed the longest, hardest thing I could (Steady..) to whack it with. I found an large photo frame full of old photographs (Cousins, ex's, Steve when he had short hair) and tried to bat it away with that. Unfortunately, on the third over zealous swing the picture smashed against the wall, covering my floor and bed in shards of glass. I cut my hands and legs (I was only wearing boxers) as the long-legged intruder bobbed around buzzing away (Laughing?). I then had to clear up my room (Didn't fancy sleeping in a bed of broken glass) which took a long time. The insect carried on bumping into random objects, drunk on it's victory.
I cleaned up, got rid of the glass and smashed the motherfuckers head in with a shoe. Justice.
I then had a pretty peaceful sleep until I woke up to go to the toilet and trod on a small piece of glass.
The moral of this tale is DON'T use framed pictures to swat insects. In fact, don't use anything made of glass. Shoes are the traditional weapon because they're not likely to shatter (Unless you're Cinderella)
I warn you because I care and I care because I do.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...