Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tops 2005


My top things of 2005

(Lists are in no order)


Albums:

Okkervil River 'Black Sheep Boy'
Ryan Adams and The Cardinals 'Jacksonville City Nights'
Giant Drag 'Hearts and Unicorns'
Editors 'The Back Room'
Bright Eyes 'I'm Wide Awake, its Morning'
Sigur Ros 'Takk'
DFA 1979 'You're A Woman, I'm A Machine'
Ryan Adams '29'



Top Sing-Song Singles:

Couldn't do this. There were too many good songs out this year. Okkervil River 'For Real' and Sleater-Kinney 'Entertain' being my absolute favourites.

2005 was too good for limb-waggling tracks.


Top Moments and Things About 2005 (Completely random):

Asking Kevin Smith a question at his Q & A in London, The Prank Wars (i.e The War of Westfield) with The Steve (Steve won. He's too devious, V 2005 (Lots of drunken moments plus I learned that I would never 'take one for the team' to get sausage sandwiches), Brighton with Stephanie, 'Buns and Guns' Day, Gonzo Night (Where we danced with members of GLC and I helped judge an impromptu break dancing contest between Zane Lowe and Be Your Own Pet), My birthday weekend, Steve's '26 and a half' celebration, Southampton x2 (The Hobbit is the best bar EVER!), Monday Night Fandango, H's birthay and the night of two house parties, A drunken feud with Towers of London at The Planet ("I look forward to downloading your album"), Tom pole-dancing at Boom, drawing a line under old issues, The 'Franz Dance', FINALLY finding out who I am (I'm the same just more optimistic and happy), Wrestling Mans in the Sumo Suits (I got my ass handed to me in front of hundreds of people), Death Rides The Nine finally coming out for people to see (And hopefully more will in '06), Ellie, David J's Bonfire party, Alkaline Trio after show/ Ram shackles: Nick and I providing dance floor entertainment with possibly the stupidest dancing ever that caused people to put down their cheap drinks and take to the floor (We got applause and everything), drunk dodgems at the better-than-we-thought office Christmas party, winning three MTV2 competitions in 3 weeks (The last thing I won was a panda backpack 15 years ago), Go-Karting (or at least the one lap I did before I took most of the Karts off the course thanks to my crappy driving)


Top LIVE bands (There has been sooo many gigs this year):

Okkervil River, Bright Eyes, Sigur Ros, Manic Street Preachers @ The Civic (Big band, small venue), The Frames @ V2005


Worst:

Babyshambles (As expected)



My addictions as of 2005:


Curb Your Enthusiasm, Dying my hair (Fuck natural brown! I'm 'Midnight Blue' and proud!), Soul Seek, t-shirts.com, My Creative Zen, Your blogs, Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, trying to attack Steve (Never works), Blast Off, The Planet, Dance floor sliding, wild air guitar at H's, Jelly Fish shots, Westfield.



I just want to give a special mention to the bloggers/new friends I have made this year. You have saved my sanity on many a work day. Thank you for stopping by. Keep up the good work, each and all.


Goodbyes:

Granddad (I really hope you're at least a little proud of the person I've become. I'm sorry I became that guy too late.)

Lambert (H's cat)

That damn girl.


Plans for 2006:


DRTN screening @ The Lighthouse, More of the above, world domination, drop a bit of weight, tattoo? (We'll see)

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...