Monday, January 16, 2006

Hi-Jinks and High Kicks

Gah! Weekends are way too short! One minute we are planning and plotting our freakend adventures, the next we are back at work drinking machine tea and day-dreaming about the events that occurred.

I started things off with a trip to Tom's place. We went to the Light House for Xtra night (Mostly indie) and had a few cheap vodka/energy drink combos (For much cheapness. We bantered and plotted. It's funny and moving how we always feel we could take on the world and make something of ourselves; Maybe we could if we had the tools.
We kind of lost ourselves for a little bit. A lady came up to me and said something strange whilst a load of guys pretended to be Liam from Oasis and Ian Brown.


Tom and I left when the music went a little too 'Brit-Pop' We went back to his and resisted the urge to call a late night radio talk show.

I woke up Saturday a little sore (Tom has a tiny sofa and I sleep in strange shapes) I watched a couple of episodes of 'The Batman’ and wondered why they are calling him 'The Batman' these days. It was a good cartoon though.

Tom dropped me off home and I spent the rest of the day getting myself together and visiting the folks. We're all going to be a 'something' again. My little sister is pregnant with her second child.

Truman gave over as we began our evening earlier than usual. He kicked my ass on Smackdown as we listened to Giant Drag. He knocked me down a couple of pegs because I'd been mocking him and hyping myself up like wrestlers used to do before WWE became a sweaty soap opera.
After a crushing defeat (Made worse by the fact that he used a very weak character to my powered up big guy) we headed up to Wolverhampton and started our frolicals at The Royal London before moving to The Little Civic.
Matt said that I shouldn't 'dress up' and 'pretend' at the upcoming Light House screening. Noted.
After we'd had enough vodka-whatever’s' we piled into Blast Off, threw in our requests and danced like we always do. It's always better in the first couple of hours when they play edgier stuff and floor is less crowded.


The appearance of 'That Damn Girl' couldn't ruin it.

Don't spend too much time on the other side
let the daylight in,

before you get old and you cant break out of it my old friend,
cause its getting winter, and if you want any flowers you gotta get your seeds in
and I worry about you, why? because you want me to.


('Strawberry Wine' by Ryan Adams)

Chris

P.S Thanks Stephanie for the nice texts.

Listening to: Idiot Pilot. Kind of like a shouty Postal Service.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...