Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday Already?!

Thanks to The Steve and Nick for a fun time in the 'second city' on Friday. There are some pictures below and a little info on Steve’s electronic home.

Saturday was a bit flat, Most likely because I'm on a self imposed (But much needed) booze detox. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while it just so happens that it's after Christmas. I made a vow to myself to eat/drink/live healthier for a while now and I'd like to live up to it. The downside of not drinking is that it's harder to relax when you're in a room full of drunks. If the music is bad or dull (And it was at Blast Off on Saturday) then you notice it. When you're drunk you'll dance to anything. Hell, I've even danced to Ashlee Simpson (Throw your rocks. I deserve it)
A lot of good people dropped out of the evening for various reasons. We went from a big group to a trio so it wasn't going to be the free-for-all we'd planned for. I understand that people have other lives, loves and reasons not to trek all the way over to Wolverhampton in the bitter cold and that's why I'm so eager for the winter to bugger off and let the spring do its thing. People, including myself, come out of social hibernation to embrace the sun light.
Still, it wasn't without its chuckles and, as a person that looks for the upside of down, it could have been worse. I could have been at home alone watching 'Celebrity Big Brother' or something.
One of the smiles raised was whilst we were at The Little Civic (the support act to Blast Offs headliner) the cute D.J played some good music and I requested some songs for Nick and myself (Sadly, she had left her Ryan Adams records at home because 'Nobody ever asks for any'. She did play Manics though)

We tried to win some kudos from the quiz machine. I decided, after failing to answer the world's most obscure film questions, to check out the 'What's On' area to try and see
if there were any good gigs and films coming out.

(I try and book tickets for shows and such in advance so I have something to look forward to each month.)

It was then that I happened across a flyer for the 'Death Rides the Nine' Light House screening along with a programme which features it in the 'upcoming Events' section. I didn't even know there were going to be flyers or some such.
I grabbed a bunch for my friends and family (As proof if nothing else) and it gave me a little charge (Of both excitement and fear) the closer it gets, the more real it becomes. It made me wonder how many people have seen the programme and flyer and how many people are coming along. I won't really know until the day and that's going to be a strange day indeed.

It's okay to be scared, right?

I hope all of your weekends were jolly.

Love and crescent kicks,

Chris

P.S Check out King Biscuit Time's (Former Beta Band front man’s new musical endeavour) 'No Style' EP It's much greatness.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...