Thursday, January 12, 2006

Non-Horrible, Non-Bone Chilling News

I showed Tom and his brother Sam the final cut of 'that film I wrote that I'm always talking about' and they both seemed to love it. Sam was very impressed and was chuckling about certain scenes long after he’d watched it.

I ‘Googled’ myself and found a bunch of sites that feature bits on DRTN. It made me feel very strange. I suppose because it’s not mine anymore and it’s out there for everyone to like/dislike.
Anyway, as I was online at Tom’s (He was on the phone for ages with his new girl. Ahh, new love! I remember those days)


Kyle, the director of our future non-Sundance winning masterpiece, started talking to me on MSN. We had a chat about screenings, what I liked and disliked about the film (I said that I didn’t dislike anything which is true. This is amazing because, up until recently, I've never really been proud of anything I've been involved in.) I joked that the worst part of the film was that ‘I don’t have a writing job with them anymore’ and he said that he’d find me something because he'd very much like to work with me again. Goooood news! Music to my little ears!
He then said that he had a film based on a single shot, a disused frame from a past project. He wanted to build on it and run with it.
He has the story down but he wants dialogue for a couple of crucial scenes. He gave me the run down and asked me if I’d like to have a crack at it.

I jumped at the chance.

I always jump at chances. Interesting things happen when I do.

I've got a month to turn in the goods.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...