Monday, March 20, 2006

Blank screens and error messages

Blogger has been a real pain lately (Blank screens and error messages which some may argue is better than the usual content) so if you can read this it means that it's actually working. If this keeps up I'm going to have to flee to myspace because I'm feeling pretty picked on my Blogger at the moment...

...Things have been happening but my life is kind of flat after the screening last month. How do you follow up the best day of your life?..

(Febuary 16th 2006 rugby tackled the top-spot from June 11 2000)

...You can't. The subsequent weeks have been spent in a post-celebration, let's-milk-it-for-all-its-worth fun fest. It's been great but there are these nagging thoughts of 'what now?' 'what happens next?' and 'Oh no! please don't let that be it!' I really hope that I get more chances to be creative. I haven't planned for a 'normal, parent-pleasing' career. My office job is **READ MY MIND HERE** and I need something more stimulating...

...Perhaps I can work in a Zoo. I've always wanted to be an enclosure of stunned Lions. I'd do a little dance, perhaps play horsey with one of them. I know of someone who tried to do this and almost got his face clawed off...

...Speaking of having my face clawed off, I met up with someone that I perhaps should not have met up with. I extended an olive branch (A short, slightly frail branch) to an old flame. I had this urge to check my legacy and, on closer inspection, it seems that I have left a pretty solid mark on the lives of her and her family. This was important to me because, after all the bad stuff that often comes hand-in-hand with my ex, I needed to know that my efforts were not in vain and that I was remembered in the right way...

...The weekend was pretty freaky. Freaky in a good way. We all went to Ramshackles and danced until 4am. We followed it up with a night in Wolverhampton but the music wasn't as good. The DJ was stuck in the Brit-Pop era. (My least favourite music era) We still had fun though thanks to our shiny optimism...

...I'm very tired. Due to severe lack of sleep I started seeing things last night on the way home from H's. I kept seeing shadow men, leaping about. It was a little scary. Has that kind of thing ever happened to you?

26 comments:

missy said...

I like the extending an olive branch to an old flame phrase.

And, no, I haven't had shadow men appear out of nowhere... or maybe they are behind me where I can't see them? :-s

Christopher D. Bate said...

Is it normal to see things when you haven't slept for a while though or am I going completely mad?

lilmammal said...

Glad to see Blogger has let you back in!

Stephanie said...

Get some more sleep and maybe the shadow men (Cliff's old backing band, The Shadows?) will go follow someone else.

Take care of yourself.

xx

Christopher D. Bate said...

Indy Girl--I'm glad to be posting random piffle. if i didn't have such an outlet I would probably explode.

Stephanie--Being folled by The Shadows would be awful. i'd never get anything done and old people would follow me around, whistling at Hank Marvin and Cliff Richard.

I'm going to have a restful evening. Try and catch up on a bit of sleepy.

JonSheridan said...

Blogger really does seem to have it in for you at the mo. After three days of trying I've finally managed to read your blog again! One of my exes saw a "big black rat" in our bedroom once due to sleep induced hallucinations (at least I hope they were)...

Timmy said...

sleep is good. sounds like you had a good weekend! cheers!

Stephanie said...

Gotta give The Shadows a bit of respect. I think that Neil Young is/was a big fan of theirs. Being followed around by elderly fans of El Cliff would be terrible, however.

Christopher D. Bate said...

A Fork--Big black rats? I know someone who used to see spiders and worms on her pillow.
Blogger has been a naughty bugger of late because he/she is unhappy with the quality of my posts.
Fair enough really.

indymtgpro77--I'm going to curl up in bed and watch Arrested Development and Seinfeld. That's a good Monday.

Stephanie--Neil Young liked The Shadows? Well, I'll be jiggered! I kind of overdosed on their music growing up. My Nan was a fan. My Mom liked Rod Stewart *shudder*

Christopher D. Bate said...

I did! It was like a Pink Floyd video!

Stephanie said...

you learn something new every day..

zuzula said...

hello welcome back! I was beginning to think you'd removed yourself from blogland...

I don't tend to hallucinate when I'm tired (although I'm always tired so who knows, this could all be one big vision) but i did go out with somebody once who used to wake me up at 4am to tell me there was 'something evil on the wall'.

We didn't last.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Stephanie--I don't learn much sitting this office.

Zuzula--The same girl used to wake up screaming. I hope it wasn't because of me. I think she wasn't right in the head.

zuzula said...

doesn't sound too healthy. and very annoying for you, I'm sure. I have no patience for that sort of thing when I'm half asleep.

Devil Mood said...

Blogger has been a pain, truly.
I'm sure the best day of your life will have its follow up sooner or later. I wouldn't mind working at the zoo either - consering my motivation to go to work, I'd go anywhere really.

x said...

the seeing things thing had happened to M lots of times when he was in the army (mandatory in greece :()because they are allowed such little sleep there. He would see people come to him and even talk to him.

DanProject76 said...

Blogger is shit but MySpace is the devil's site! Don't go there!

I miss your old style posts about random weird office work stuff as they were what got me into your writing in the first place. Not that I don't admire your filmy bits too, of course.

If you worked at a zoo it would have to be like the Mighty Boosh Zooniverse. You'd like that.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Dan, the office stuff had to stop after I got a number of warnings about it. I would love to write about the bullshit and tyranny that is rampant in this circus I call a job, but those souless, corporate donkey feelers would deny me the chance to make rent.
I want out of here before I explode!!

DanProject76 said...

Grrrr... Fascists!

Maja said...

Last night my friend and I were walking in the dark and there was a frog in front of me jumping out of the way, but in the torchlight I thought it was a mouse or rat and it seemed to be running towards me then going back to where it was over and over again and it was very scary and I jumped and pulled a muscle in my arse.

Lack of sleep can be very dangerous, and if you're hallucinating that's extra bad!

Get some sleep dude. xo

Christopher D. Bate said...

Dan--Damn right, sir. Good job on your recent photos with the cool people of modern comedy. That's very, very cool!

Maja--I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. I've had some disjointed nights of late. I rarely sleep well.

She de la Handbag said...

I sometimes get a bit confused about what I'm seeing when I'm really really tired ... I also end up being unaware if I'm awake or asleep and if things are real or not ...it can weird me out a bit so I just try and make sure I get enough sleep! Time to bond with the duvet sir:)

DanProject76 said...

Blogger is hating ME now! It says 'disc is full' when I try to post. I hate it. I have blogs to post!

Christopher D. Bate said...

She of the handbag---My sleep has been very ramshackle of late, like a Brian Jonestown Massacre gig. I usually wake up in the middle of the night to find that I've been sleeping whilst sitting up. The other night I woke up singing. I can't wait until I can enjoy normal sleep again. I think my mind is running wild at the moment.


Dan-- Bloody blogger! Not only is it denying you the chance to post, it's denying me something cool to read. It had better buck it's ideas up by lunchtime or I'm going to be very, very bored.

Madelyn--That's cool. Make them work for you. Pay them in shadow coin.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.buy-levitra-1.info life assurance quote in scotland allergies Barcode readers Porsche panamera picture Buspar claquer melodia polyphonic antidepressant medication Kansas city blackjack stop smoking program Luxury rental cars in richmond acyclovir dose Body kits for 99 malibu Lohan upskirt oops action games http://www.consumer-report-clothes-washers-recommmended.info Meridia without prescription

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...