Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tending The Flowers and whatnot

What ho, blogger people!

My post rate has been pretty lousy this week. There has been a lot going on and I've barely had a minute to stop and 'tend the flowers' (That expression could mean ANYTHING when you think about it)
There are some pretty exciting things that I don't want to blog about just yet lest I jinx them and I look foolish (Or MORE foolish)

I've been scribbling things at quite a frantic rate which is always good because when I don't have anything to scribble I am at a complete loss and I just sort of wonder round in circles kicking the odd goose before settling down to watch 'Hogan Knows Nothing'.
I need something to do between the indie adventures and the preening (I have pretty big hair now)

My friend Stephanie was lucky/unlucky enough to be able to read my proposed follow-up/feature version of DRTN, cleverly titled 'Death Etc' (It was a working title that just stuck) She seemed to really enjoy the mix of awkward comedy, slapstick and bitching (It was written at the time of my HORRIBLE break-up) More so than any production company would. Still, I like it and I'm glad she did too. It means a lot to me and so does she...

I've also been trying to get in contact with old friends and arrange adventures for the coming months. Next month should be madcrazybusy what with The Mighty Boosh, Teddy Thompson, Jenny Lewis, Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

I'm hoping that these exciting events will pan out so I can share them with you and you can all tell me to "STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR BORING ASS LIFE AND WRITE THAT STUPID STUFF YOU SO SO WELL/UNWELL"

I do plan to put more fiction and less, uh, faction on this blog at some point in the nearly future.

I've been reading, enjoying and romancing all of your blogs. You know how much i treasure them. What would I do without them? I'd most likely die of office-related fatalities.

I'm trying hard to get a decent nights sleep. Over the last couple of nights I have woke up startled, sat up or singing. Anyone got any tips?

Listen to Shearwater.

Snuggle up to something.

11 comments:

missy said...

Tend flowers!

When I can't sleep, I read my high school trigonometry notebook and try to understand it... that always drives me to sleep!

I know it was handy to keep them after all these years!

DanProject76 said...

Horlicks?

You're going to see The Boosh? You will have a blast! I wanna go see the again right now.

JM said...

I'm glad you stopped in to say hello.

Maja said...

Have a drink of water, thirst is what always wakes me up.

I bought tickets to Belle and Sebastian and Geezer said he'll come with me to see them :)

Keep writing! xo

Cathy said...

Exciting stuff on the horizon...I sense it.

I have been waking in the night lately and so has my son; maybe it has to do with the changing seasons. Don't eat before bed (that's the best I can offer) and snuggling up to something/one is always good.

Christopher D. Bate said...

missy--I try to read to make myself tired but I usually get so engrossed in what I'm reading that I end up staying up longer.
Maybe I should start counting sheep or something.

Jack P Toerson--Nice. I'm hoping that things will pan out. There has been a lull of late and I crave happenings. Happenings make me a more interesting person.

Dan--I haven't had Horlicks for ages! I'm going to get some tonight. That said Fridays usually require lots and lots of redbull and stuff.
I'm looking forward to The Boosh. I've been a fan since the early days when we used to travel in the same circles (More on that another time) My comedian friend has/had Noels phone number.

DayByDay4-2Day--No one really gets my blog. Not even me most days, such is the beauty of it.

angel, jr--I'm glad you're glad :) I aims to please.

Maja--Good job with B & S. You should have a great time. Maybe Geezer will change his mind after seeing them live.

Cathy--I'm keeping all my fingers crossed. I have this feeling that something will happen but I don't know what.
There's a freakend to look forward to.

Stephanie said...

Well, good luck with whatever it is!
I've been listening to Shearwater a lot lately too. There is a new one (Palo Santo) due soon. You probably already know this, but you can listen to demo tracks from it on their web site http://jound.com/shearwater/sounds.html
PS - Just make the happenings happen yourself :)

Christopher D. Bate said...

I'm a junkie for Shearwater. I can't wait for the new record.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
metasearch engine pay per click search searchjazz.com rent a car edinburgh airport south african travel insurance forex trading how to buy valium without prescription trading online preschool furniture freelancer a a sterreich vorarlberg farmers branch web design care eminence organic skin discount bontril american express blue mailing address 35 bontril credit cards third party processing bontril 2binformation home mortgage essential blues cd covers house of chicago hp system recovery disk download

Anonymous said...

What a great site jazz football sofas lancaster http://www.payperclickprogram4.info Financial planning seattle Barbie game magic online pegasus teens+sex Pic from paris hilton sex tape Diet pills consumer reports transvestite clothes shop http://www.adult-dvd-0.info/free-secretary-sex-thumbs.html Home clothe dryers Kaiser in richmond ca mesotherapy problem Marijuanna fragrance oil Nude girl voyeur

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... backpacks for kids Bravo hd dvd players online hp unix training rosacea product Low ldl cholesterol Washer & dryer units for lease contact lens teen jobs order tramadol sport kitchen bathroom remodeling va dc Vernon county wi registered sex offenders Didrex sent c.o.d Anger management courses in brisbane aus oak audio cabinets business credit report Chanel handbags replicas

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...