Friday, March 24, 2006

Optimistic Rejection/La Freakend Begineth...

Sadly, DRTN won't be playing at '7 inch 22' on Tuesday. Despite the fact that the organisers enjoyed it, the film is too long for the programme.

There may be a chance that it will play at a future event so I'm keeping all crossables crossed. Their events look great fun and it would be awesome to be a part of one someday.
The film has opened up some interesting doors and exposed me to the creative side of the 'West Mids' that I never knew existed.


I've seen some great talent over the last couple of months and I've been lucky enough to rub shoulders with some of them, even going so far as to help as much as I can.

The contacts made at The Light House show last month have lead me to some interesting places. The most thrilling being the BBC. They are apparently very interested in me and Mr Thompson (Writer of 'Brown Paper Bag' and 'Bouncer') has been talking me up a small storm (I'm not even paying him for his praise). I've fired off an email to the Beeb and I'm eagerly awaiting a response from my contact there (I sound like a spy)...

..It may or may not lead to anything but it's good that things have got this far. Who knows what it could mean for me and Kyle?...

...Hey, it's almost the Freakend, guys and girls and you know what that means! It's time to hang up your 9 to 5 and enjoy the time with your nearest and dearest. I'm off to Ramshackles tonight with Nick and Mans. We'll glug down the redbull and vodka combos and bust mad moves until 4 in the am. YOU should come. You'd love it...

Get drunk

Get loose

Kiss someone

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Have fun!

~~~C~~~

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good to know people who know people who know people. Sooner or later someone will open the right door, and from the sounds of it that's already begun.

Have fun this weekend. I'll settle for the final two points (repeat, repeat), as I'm trying to avoid Get Hangover, which painfully follows Get Drunk for me :)

Devil Mood said...

Hmmm..I wish I could go but I'd have to transform into a different person. Maybe I could :)
Have fun!

Robin Alexa said...

Oh I REALLY want to kiss someone...okay that's my project for this weekend, find someone to kiss...

Steve House said...

i'll kiss you later. Did you have fun on the friday part of the freakend?

Christopher D. Bate said...

Jack--Thank you, sir. How's your weekend going?

Day--No. You can do it willy-nilly and in whatever order you like. Thats the beauty of the scheme.

Stephanie--I'm currently in Get Hangover. My legs hurt. I brong this on myself.

Devil Mood--That would be great. I'll build a machine to do just that.

Binsk--Good luck with your project. I wish I could help out. I envy the lucky person.

Corinna--Thank you. You're very sweet and very sensible. X

Stevey Steve--Crazy. You wouldn't believe what happened. I'll blog it up post haste.

missy said...

Blimey! Lots of kissing here :-)

I came at the right time!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Not a moment too soon...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Cpu step xeon http://www.capt-bart-sherwood-fight-n-lady-charter-fishing.info/new_zealand_fishing_tour.html Similar to rosacea Paypal craps imitrex injectable online Delonghi toaster oven Angelina jolie hardcore backless chair anal fuck Carlingswitches circuit breakers Effexor xr and itching

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Bextra indianapolis lawyer http://www.volkswagenbodytuning.info/new-mitsubishi-evo.html klonopin and essential tremors mitsubishi plc software http://www.divorce-help-9.info/Colocation-thionville.html Free free discount meridia Guitar cable santa cruz ca http://www.catch-all-custom-carpet-floor-mats.info/acura-rl-navigation-software-version.html Ferrari gif Pro se divorce clinic searchclick adware Bay camping ground free pictures of hairy girls Prescription information valium

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...