Monday, May 01, 2006

Sun, Sea and Sniffles

Hey all,

Just dropping in because, in the words of the late, great Bill Hicks "I love you and you feel it"
I'm tired and wired from another great weekend with your friend and mine, Stephanie. As always, she was a superb host and I had a brilliant time walking around Brighton and taking in the sights, sounds and smells.
Teddy Thompson was great. He was in a good mood and he seemed to be having a good time. Stephanie said that the last time he saw Teddy he was in a bit of a strop. It was good that he could slap on a smile for this gig. The support act was so delicate that I thought they would dissolve, very plinky-plonky.
All in all it was another fun weekend of great company and conversation.
Stephanie will no doubt have a better post about the weekend on her blog. I caught a bit of a cold so my brain is all fuzzy and I'm all sniffly.


*Sneezes*

I hope you are all well and sneeze free.

P.S Get the new/old Bill Hicks DVD 'Sane Man' is awesome stuff.

C.B'S WORD OUTLET (Stories and stuff)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Get well soon. xx

Devil Mood said...

lol that support band crack me up.
It's always great to go somewhere different. I hope you got inspired and not just a cold. Get better soon!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Stephanie--Thank you. Thanks again for a great weekend. The sniffles didn't spoil it. It was good fun and just what I needed!

Devil Mood--Brighton goes hand in hand with inspiration, it's everywhere! Brighton is a wild place filled with wild places and wild people. You can't NOT be inspired by the place.

Trix--Could you? That would be so awesome right now? I've just sneezed so hard that I hurt my neck.

JM said...

Hey buddy, I hope you get better.

sarah said...

aw, sorry you are feeling crap. i hate having the sniffles!

just caught up on some of your posts..

and wanted to say hi.

::hi::

Stephanie said...

Happy to hear it was a great show & great weekend. Teddy Thompson was in a good mood (I think) when he was here in Boston a month or so ago too. Our support act was some crazy percussion stuff from Glenn Kotche from Wilco.

Feel better soon!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...