Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Whats been going on in a random, rushed list

  • Had a very personal screening of DRTN for my ex-girlfriend and her family. That was pretty strange and terrifying considering that they've been aware of it since it was mere scribbles and not much more. Her folks loved it and were really proud. She seemed to like it but, to be honest, her opinion didn't really impact on me all that much. Even though I'd wrote parts of it as an 'I love you' to her, it didn't seem all that relevant. Kyle took it and made it into something else and he did a grand, grand job too.
  • I've realised that, as much as it was kind of a novelty to see my ex again, she is no longer the love of my life and no longer needed. She changed (for the worst) years ago and she still comes with too much baggage and I don't want to help her carry it. It's nice that we're all 'hi, how are you?' and not 'I hate you!' but I don't want her to be a huge part of my life. The dark clouds rolled over when she came back. I've realised that the year apart was me as I want to be. There's no point going back to get hurt because I don't have the troubles she has. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.
  • Nick got Reading tickets BOO-YAH!
  • I've now got to pay for both the V and Reading tickets.
  • I'm broke. :(
  • Ramshackle is having a night called 'Long Good Friday'. It's on from 10:30 until 6AM. I think I'm up to the challenge.
  • Going to find a new colour for my hair. Any suggestions?
  • This has been a rambling post.
  • Steve has done really well with his course but that's for him to tell you.
  • I've written the first episode of a potential show called 'What the hell is wrong with you people?'
  • I had a dream about Corinna (Gus Greeper)

18 comments:

Clive_Evil_C said...

Hair colour? Got to be Ginger, it's the in thing for people to do now. Fearne Cotton did it and ummmm.... Yeah.

JM said...

A light brown color, with a tinge of red in it.
I'm glad the screening went well. I'm really glad you feel closure with your past relationship.

Devil Mood said...

Good for you on the ex bit! :)
Sounds like you'll be having a FreakSummer...of course, you need a new haircolour...Paint it red, have the guts that I didn't have :)
What is Steve up to? He's been hiding...
You're planning a show? That sounds like FUN :)

Mimey said...

The only colour for hair is purple. How could you contemplate anything other than that? Which reminds me, my roots need doing.

Is Death riding on the bus that leaves Colmore Row heading toward Five Ways? If you've already answered this question elsewhere I apologise, I was just wondering.

Closure has to be a good thing. Hope you continue to heal. She wasn't worth it, etc.

DanProject76 said...

How about grey hair? It's reverse-retro like an anti-Grecian 2000 and makes me feel like watching Look Around You for some reason.

Ignore Clive and his Radical Ginger Lifetyle Choice Agenda! :-)

Stephanie said...

It's nice to get beyond the "I hate you!", but when being in contact hurts you know that it isn't right for you.

Blue-black suits you perfectly. :)

Anhoni Patel said...

Don't change your hair color - black suites you!!

perspective and time can do wonders when it comes to exes. but I can see how that screning may have been a little...weird.

Maja said...

I love your hair black.. I can't think what would be better.

Yay, closure with the ex-girlfriend thing (isn't it?). I feel like I've just finished reading a story about it.

xx

zuzula said...

Glad the screening went well and that you've got the ex out of your system. As for hair colour... what colour are your eyes?

Cathy said...

All great news, with the exception of the being broke bit.
As for the hair colour, I second Maddy.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Wow! Thanks for all your thoughts on the ex issue and the new direction of my hair (Which is a being in itself these days) I think I may go blue/black again. I refuse to stick with my boring natual colour. I also need a good snip. It's either that or build it up until it gets to old school heavy metal level. I could join Guns and Roses or something...

Christopher D. Bate said...

Oh and JVS, it's the nine that goes from Stourbridge to Birmingham Moor Street. I used to catch it to go to college. In the film it's the 9 that goes from Salt Lake City to Park City. U.S

Amy said...

Black hair, although I'm not sure my opinion matters much. I'm new here. I read your blog often even though it hurts my eyes. Yeah, I might need glasses. Anyway, I so much love that someone else in this world loves Bright Eyes. I can't get just one of my friends to enjoy any of his albums. His duets with Emmy Lou Harris are amazing, and his lyrics speak volumes - not one word wasted. Have you listened to The Zutons or Plain White T's? Something to check out if you haven't already.

kimberlina said...

hm, i was thinking reddish, as well.

by the by - you sound very good in your post about your ex. very liberating and i'm glad. :) but not glad that you're broke. if i win the 50 million lotto here in my state, i'll give you some. now, only to buy that pesky ticket...

and re: p&p and knightley - i wouldn't say she blew me away, but it wasn't bad enough to make me notice. it's a good love story, of course, so the girl in me wasn't too critical. ;) and that's saying a lot, because i normally *hate* most love stories.

missy said...

Hey busy boy, happy easter x

Christopher D. Bate said...

Happy Easter, each and all.

Had a hair cut and blue/black tone.

Having a haircut means I get ID'd more often.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Fun times. It was a nice dream.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...