Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bodies, Minds and Other Hap-Hazards

Stephanie came down and we saw Great Lake Swimmers. We sat cross-legged on the floor of the amazingly intimate venue, shuffled closer when they asked and basked in the beauty of the music.
They are nice chaps. Erik Arneson, the banjo player, was very chatty and we brought some records and a badge from him whilst we wagged chins about Brighton, bands and wether or not he should buy some Brian Jonestown Massacre records.
The support act Levi Weaver was very cool too and worth checking out. He was charming, sincere and performed an inspired cover of Radioheads 'Idiotque'. We brought his record from him and had it signed for good measure. He and my brother seemed to get on very well. Nice guy.

Also, I've contributed to TWO NIL BLANK BLANK BLOGAZINE. I'd like you to read it.

Please do. It's HERE

I'm still a little 'off' but things will get better or at least I'm hoping so. For those that have sent well-wishes and made kind comments, thank you. I'm pretty embarrassed about posting about the 'downers' (Thats a mild way of putting it) but I need an outlet.

~~C~~

11 comments:

Steve House said...

I liked it. Very open and honest with supplies of that wit and charm I happen to love.

Walter said...

Honesty rocks, people.

As do banjo players.
In an odd, non-rock kinda way...

Mimey said...

Did I miss something?

Loving the new pic. Very cheeky.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the fantastic weekend. Will Sleater Kinney top that? We'll have to wait and see. :)

Devil Mood said...

It's alright, I feel bad too when when I write about feeling bad, which should make me feel even worse but it doesn't. Got it? ;)

Maja said...

Herro :) my head hurts!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Steve--Thanks for taking the time to read it. I'm pretty proud of it and it was a load off my mind. I'll probably write more articles like that in the future. It's good for my soul :)

Norton--The banjo guy had a beard so thats a little more rock surely

JVS--There was a dark, miserable post before this. i have these down days sometimes. I get a little embarrassed about them.

Stephanie--It'll be a different level of fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

Devil mood--But, at the end of the day, that's what blogging is for. I just hate the idea of bumming people out.

Trix--I'm surviving. You have to, don't you?

Maja--Good weekend I take it!

If any of you are interested please check out the article. I'd love to get your take on it.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Glad that you are feeling much better!

I'm getting more envious of how snazzy everyone's blogs look. I need help redesigning mine!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good show! I think banjo does rock :)

No need to be embarrassed about the downers - just take a spin around this place. We're all here to say "hey, me too sometimes." It's okay to be blue once in a while, as long as you can still work your way out of it.

PS - Kevin Smith came to the movie theatre I worked in to promote/talk about Clerks when it first came out. It had just started to get a little buzz, but at the time he was just some guy who made a little film.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Missy--It's all in the quality of the writing and you have that in spades. Most of the time, my blog is all style and no substance. I had help from wiser bloggers and I winged it a little..


Stephanie--You're very sweet. I'm nervous and excited about whether I will be featured on the new DVD. Half of me is hopig so, while the other is terrified that I'm going to look like a fool (more so than usual)

Maddy--Plenty, as it goes!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Why, thank you!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...