Friday, September 01, 2006

A Few Things...

..Thanks to Si for the CD. if you haven't heard his music, you should. It's quality and the collection he gave me hasn't left my player. Intrigued? Go here

..Thanks to Stephanie for the DRTN sweatband. She knits like a champ, that girl.

..NO THANKS to the Leeds Film Festival who declined to include 'Death Rides the Nine' in the proceedings. It's the first full-on rejection (Of the non-girl variety) I've had for some time. It doesn't bother me that much as I'm hoping that this particular ride isn't over. Who knows what will happen? I'm still going to write and that's the important thing at the end of the day.

..It's the FREAKEND and I'm not in a field or a tent or surrounded by drugged-up hippies and people in jester hats. I kind of miss it in a way.
Ramshackles tonight. I'm going to take the hair out, throw on the trademark tight jeans and silly t-shirt and impress absolutely nobody. I may take Lester P. Mason if he behaves himself.

I hope you and yours are well.

Happy Freakend.

Tip: Don't trust anyone (male or female) with Burt Reynolds-like moustaches.

4 comments:

missy said...

Enjoy! We want full report!

sophie said...

I just love that expression -
i really have to get a t-shirt
made - royalties will be shared
naturally.

Devil Mood said...

Happy Freakend, Chris!
Why wouldn't you trust a female with a Burt Reynolds moustache? lol
One rejection in many successes is nothing and you definitely shouldn't worry about it.

Stephanie said...

Hope you had a nice time at Ramshackles last night.

Don't worry about Leeds. It's their loss and we'll find ways of getting DRTN seen by the masses. Just you wait. :)

PS Glad you liked the wristband. I tell you, it's the start of a mighty empire of DRTN merchandise.. ;)

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...