Friday, September 15, 2006

Yay For Updates (On the 'who cares' blog)

Oh, what a week it's been and it is due to this crazy activity that his blog has been uncharacteristically neglected. For those that give a couple of hoots, I'm sorry.

I have to admit that if the Blogs on the right don't get updated that often I tend to freak out a little.

"I want to know what people had for breakfast! What's Ben Baker up to? Does Si still stir his beverages with a pen? What song is Stephanie listening to today? What has Dan been watching? etc etc"

I'm a Blogger addict and a people watcher (Although, it has to be said, not in the sinister sense)

Anyway, things have been strange these past few weeks: I started seeing a girl who snuck up and completely blindsided me whilst on a night out in Wolverhampton last Thursday.
She seems pretty nice and we click.
However, my shy nature and poor relationship skills (I either tend to say too much or way too little) have yet to come into play and ruin things.
Oddly enough, her friends attended the DRTN screening in Feb so they are aware of me.

It's a small world, isn't it?

She put herself in good stead by getting rid of a large spider for me. Who knows what's going to happen next? Dating isn't my most skilled area so I'm out of my depth before I begin.
Anyone who has ever seen the Woody Allen film 'Play It Again, Sam' will have some idea of the way I work it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've also had some interest in 'A Girl Called Simplicity' from a seemingly keen BRITISH company and I've recently done a re-write for them.

Both pieces of news could go the same way. I suspect that one of them will fizzle out and never call me again.

Still, at least things are going on.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Let's me optimistic and hope that both turn into something great.

In the meantime, just be yourself and you can't lose.

Gretta James said...

Things are going on and that is good. Just enjoy it that's what I say. Oh and seize the moments, and don't miss opportunities then you'll have no regrets.

Gretta

ben said...

I am well and you are fine, Bingo Brown. (Just remember: FIRE = NO)

She de la Handbag said...

Tish, tosh and pah sir! Am sure all will go swimmingly and its all very exciting:) Just try not to worry too much and try to enjoy it whilst its going on.

missy said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

DanProject76 said...

What am I watching?

Half of Extras before turning it off, that's what!

Oooh, controversial. Bleh.

ben said...

I love you Dan.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Didn't you like it? I thought it was brilliant. Dug the snipes at catchphrase comedy.

bornindifferent said...

My advice:

Don't write it off before it starts by convincing yourself that it's gonna go wrong. Give yourself (and this girl) a chance - you just may be pleasantly surprised.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Thanks, Em.
Your advice is always welcome.

I hope you are well.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...