Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mid Freakend Telegram

Have I really not made a post since Tuesday? Sheesh.

There is a reason for this. I wrote it down somewhere. I haven't been home since Wednesday because my Thursday night didn't stop and I've crashed on a couple of sofas. That trend will continue until tomorrow night when I can finally sleep in my own bed.

Thursday was pretty crazy. A pound a pint means that you can get Kerplunk drunk for very little money. Jeepers. Plus, I got there three hours before everyone else so I just sat in the corner, drinking and writing in my notebook. I managed to write a short script which, after I've deciphered the increasingly erratic short-hand, will type up and post somewhere.

I bumped into the girl I was seeing and that only confounded me further. Ladies, as much as I love you, you're very hard to read and this girl is a few chapters short of a good book.
I'm trying to date someone, not play treasure hunt.

Anyway, I spent a great deal of time talking about 'The Edge' and by 'Edge' I don't mean the chap from the overhyped stadium band u2, I mean the edge people lose when they give in to the 9 to 5 and dull partners. Like most people, I get all 'the world is mine' when I'm drunk...In a good way.

I'm more :) than :(

I was described by a good friend as 'restless' which, as silly it sounds, made me smile because I used to be referred to as 'generic' (In my relationship days)

I ended up killing zombies until the early hours. 'Dead Rising' is a great game. You can whack zombies with handbags and shoes. I wish I could do that to the people at my local mall.

Yesterday, a few hours of work stalled the fun stuff but it resumed after work when I went out with my awesome co-workers; Blair, Spicer, Portman, G-Money (His idea) and Dom. It was great to hang out with these chaps after work and it us all wonder why we a) haven't done it before and b) do it more often. A furiously competitive game of table football at the fifth bar caused us to commit to meeting up more often. Swish.

My friend Tom picked me up and I went to his house to catch up. I don't see all that much of Tom anymore and that bugs me. I used to blame his girl but that's lazy. She's sweet and I'm probably envious because, well, nothing is really sticking for me and they're happy with their young love and their i-mac.

Wine and banter finished the night off nicely.

Tonight, I'm going to a house in the middle of nowhere to G-Money's house with some of the chaps from last night, Aaron and whoever else tags along (One of whom used to be in 'The Grimleys', a short-lived 'comedy' about the area in which I live)

It's Crazy Horse.

I hope you are having a good freak end. Remember to eat well and hug your friends as and when the moment pleases ye. There's nothing wrong with spreading love, just diseases.

Love and Judo-Chops,

Chris




9 comments:

orange anubis said...

I think 'restless' is high praise, especially compared to 'generic', which I'm sure would warrant a slap. Yay for handbagging zombies!

Gretta James said...

Hitting people at the local mall with red stillettos (why I decided that the shoes had to be red stillettos I don't know) and my handbag sounds like my idea of fun. I hate having to share the local mall with other people. That's why I tend to shop on a Monday night. Take my advice best time to shop.

Oh and I love the change in seasons, I bought a new jumper today. The change in seasons gives me a legitimet reason (in my head anyway) to spend all my money.

Christopher D. Bate said...

orange anubis--Restless is high praise indeed. He did go into it deeper but my memory is rather hazy.

Gretta--This is my favourite time of the year. I love scarfs esp the cool one my awesome friend Stephanie kindly made for me. Girls look cute in winter clothes, at least I think so.

Om said...

You party animal! G-money! NICE! What is your pimp name?

Christopher D. Bate said...

I have many pimp names. It really depends what I'm pimpin'!

sophie said...

nice cozy post:)

Any girl would be
lucky to get you and your
celebratory freak-ends!!!

bornindifferent said...

G-Money would be Gaz I guess?

Gretta James said...

Men look hot in the winter too. Definitely when they do their scarfs italiano styley.. *Goes weak at the knees*

Gretta

Christopher D. Bate said...

Sophie--As ever, you're too kind. I can't actually imagine sharing a freakend with a romantic partner. It would be good if i could. Maybe someday I will.

Emba--Yeah, G-Money was his idea. He's trying it out. He still gets called Viking.

Gretta--I love the winter because I love being cozy. Scarfs add to that.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...