Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My head is been a blur of late; all these scary, exciting ideas that I can't seem to keep a lid on. Things seem to be chugging along but I'm like "Faster! Faster!" At some point I would love to start appreciating what I have now, rather than what could be in the future.

I was at the gig last night thinking about how I should be getting things done and how cool it must be to present yourself to an audience the way Ed Harcourt did. It made me feel a little lazy. Plus, the music kept giving me ideas of trailers, additional scenes and new stories. It would be nice to switch off sometimes but everything triggers something.

I emailed both 'Bent Soul' and 'Simplicity' interested parties to ask for detailed notes on what needed to be chopped/changed/whatever. I'm going through the drafts a little blind at the moment. 'Bent Soul' 'suffers' from being British so I need to know what references need to be changed to suit possible American audiences.

I need to keep on this because, after every bit of cool news (And last weekends news was the coolest so far), I have this rabid addiction to keep the feeling going. (

I also have the strongest urge to get back into doing silly music with Harry. After listening to Ryan Adams punk stuff, I got nostalgic for the times when H and I would just create something in a few minutes and laugh about it for a few hours.

2 comments:

Mimey said...

Is there not something to be said for presenting a British British film to the potential American market? A cultural exchange rather than producing watered down slime the like of which they could do for themselves. Integrity! I think you're fine exactly as you are!

Christopher D. Bate said...

That's where I think I'm okay. The Ryan/Kyle dynamic is staying, it's just the Brit references (NHS etc) that are being changed.

See above. I was holding out posting about it, lest I jinx it. I figured that I'd probably do that post or not

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...