Friday, December 15, 2006

Best. Birthday. Ever.

Despite having to work for the first half of the day, my birthday was amazing!
I went straight from work to shop in Wolverhampton with Blair. I used the money my work mates gave to me to buy trinkets from Rowfers and two Transformers books (Dinobot Hunt and Target:2006) for much cheapness with enough left over to put towards something cool (Like, say, some Lemonade Converse) in the New Year.


My Brother and Father clubbed together to me a cool digital camera so there will be a helluva lot more pictures on here (Good or bad, depending on your opinion on the carnival that is my face) No more blurry, WTF pics from my crappy Sony phone.

My Sister brought me Love and Death on DVD, 'Let Go' by Nada Surf and Wilco's 'I Am Trying to Break Your Heart' DVD. My Mother kindly gave me some money so I can buy something cool in the new year (A time machine, a dinosaur or Family Guy on DVD)

H brought me a Nintendo wristband with the old NES controller on it, some Mario badges and a PacMan bracelet to go with the PacMan belt I got last week.

Linz brought me a book on how to slack off at work. it will be interesting to see if I've already done most of the chapters. I certainly need tips on how to be even more of a slacker in my horrible 9 to 5.

My good friend Stephanie brought me the latest Blanche record and Moleskin notebooks (Only the best notebooks in the known world)

It was nice to see most of my family on my birthday because it doesn't happen very often. My niece even, after a load of goading and cake-based bribery, sang 'Happy Birthday' to me which was typically adorable. She then told me to 'Chill out, Buster' while we watched the first ten minutes of Shrek.

After all the family time, I went for the usual meet up with The Three Amigos, H, Nick, DJ, Tom, Sam and Lucy. We had a few cheap drinks and I took some pictures (Pictures to follow) with my spanky new camera.

The real deal birthday shindigs start from today; a Freakend like no other. Team Splendid, The Sirs of Sirs, The Three Amigos plus many others are going to help me celebrate surviving for another year of being CDB (And working with what I've got)

Some of you will be pleased to know that I'm not going to go all 'serious' just yet, far from it. I fully intend to cram as much silliness, tall tales and life-hugging adventures into my twenty-seventh year as possible (I was actually asked how it felt to be twenty by a couple of people)

Swish.

Kylie is coming over this weekend so I'm all full of :) :) :) for that. I've been looking forward to seeing her all week. She's the best birthday present ever.

Have a great Freakend.

Go crazy in your familiar environments, tell someone arty that you dig their work, buy a alcoholic beverage with the word 'paradise' in the name, use the word 'poppycock' in casual conversation and be weary of anyone with a handlebar moustache, man or woman.

Megatron Love,

Chris

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.

I shall indeed use the word poppycock in a casual conversation, thinks for the idea, I shall appear smart and civilised and a toff... probably.

JonSheridan said...

Megatron? Pfah! Starscream Rules!

Gretta James said...

Glad you had a great birthday and I love your poppycock it's so pretty.

Gretta.

DanProject76 said...

I ruined my freakend by doing projectile vomits everywhere :-(

Anonymous said...

Dinobot hunt = Pap.
Target 2006 = Good.
Time Wars = Best.

Please remember the heirachy of UK Transformers stories when considering future purchases.

p.s. Space Pirates = Ok.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Happy Happiness!!!!!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Phil, you're right. Dinobot Hunt is robo-balls. I stopped reading halfway through and jumped onto Traget:2006.

Much, much better.

Anonymous said...

I mean who makes Ratchet a main character? RATCHET. His toy didn't even have a head!

I'd also recommend City of Fear if you can find it, though Amazon only seems to have it used for £23!

Christopher D. Bate said...

I already have City Of Fear and Space Pirates. A store called The Works are selling UK and US Transformers books for a couple of quid.
I just picked up the UK stuff because I've always enjoyed it for than the American storylines

Maja said...

haha, look at you you cheerful little bugger! Happy birthday from me and Geezer :)

Anonymous said...

i heart your nerdiness.

transformers and mario love - YEA!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...