Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Crap and Crabs (In that order)

Jeez, I'm bored. There are a million other places I'd rather be right now than stuck in this dull office. I'm currently having lunch and bored beyond belief. I really think I've had enough of this place and it would be a good idea for me to leave in the New Year.
I need 'the fear' to get something better.
The only relief from the steely grip of tedium has come from attending the strangest meeting ever. All of the men were called into a series of meetings because some nutbox has been laying brown bricks on the gent's toilet floor. I'm not sure who would do this and what pocesses them to cause the cleaners such grief but I couldn't help but chuckle at how ridiculous my office has become.
Apparently, a man-hunt has been started in the hope that they'll stop this guy before he poops again. Maybe just maybe they'll call in Columbo for one last case. Maybe, we'll get clues through the post or messages taunting those 'on the case'.
A turd in a box 'just for jolly'. The mind boggles when you have bugger all else to do.
One of the hapless clones that 'manages' the office (Or, rather, walks around talking on a phone, smelling of hair wax whilst trying to look important) actually declared that he will "get to the bottom of this" with the straightest of faces. Everyone else was biting down on their cheeks to stem the rising laughter.
Sometimes, I wonder if they're going to replace the building with a big top and be done with it.

They may as well because it's full of clowns throwing metaphorical pies at each other.

I'll keep you updated on 'Turd Gate' or 'Cack The Shitter' (as Blair dubbed it) as the non-action unfolds.

It's the work party on Friday and that's always fun. Seriously. Last year was tremendous and it's one of the reasons (the only reason) why I've toughed it out this long.

In other news, I await further ooh and aah from the film people. I'm hoping that we can get to work on the second draft of 'Bent Soul' in the new year. Wouldn't it be great to be done with this and to see it out there? I can't wait for the Jonathan Ross review if I comes out over here. A bad review would warrant the hugest of parties. I'd take a Razzie. A Razzie would be jazzy.

Did anyone see that Extinction programme on BBC Whatever? Vote for the animal you want to save. No one votes for the ugly critters. I'm sure there are some endangered crabs scuttling about that need our help. Save the crab!

(*Looks for a picture of a giant crab attacking either a pier or a ship...no joy*)

I'm going toy shopping tonight for my nieces Christmas gift and then I'm going to colour Blair's hair and then do my own. We may or may not have a pillow fight and giggle, I've not decided.

Love, Snow globes and Disco Jesus,

Chris

8 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Oh no: get to the bottom of this!! lol That man must be a walking-joke! But what a disgusting hobbie they have invented...

Yes, a Razzie would be a start :) Hopefully things will get underway again. Yeahh, toy shopping, I love that!! :)
Merry snowballs :)

sophie said...

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

ick

gag

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this happened at my friens
High School - VERY messed up
fellow was finally caught -
used to write words with it
on the doors.


oh my goodness.

ickypoo

JM said...

I want to collect snow globes someday!! And one day have love.

Anonymous said...

i have a lot of catching up to do! i like to read your blawg whilst in my pajamas with a nice cup of coffee, but unfortunately, a relaxing morning is long in coming.

i feel like we are connected, you and i, in our mutual boredom of banal office jobs. we must suffer through, but one day, it will be worth it. i mean, i guess maybe i'll a social security check or whatever in my old age.

Maja said...

Turd layer strikes again!

A friend of mine used to be a cleaner and said that one time someone pooped on the carpet somewhere. Why why why.. we can only wonder.

Dude, quit your job you can get another one easy. I've just left my job of 2 years 7 months and although I loved it I had no regrets so you won't regret leaving yours, I know! Maybe get one closer to Kylie??? teehee!

It's 3am and I should go to bed, but more wine seems in order....

Anonymous said...

Things will start to get interesting when you get a 'copy cat turd dropper'...all the uncertainty, the broken trust...

While all the time the real shit paver craps his way to triumphant glee...

Ooh it's gonna be juicy! And you want to quit that place?!

Christopher D. Bate said...

There are no real updates on the Phantom Pooper, I'm almost afraid to say. It was disgusting but interesting. I was hoping that someone was making a statement.

Maybe he'll reveal himself at the the big Christmas bash..or maybe he won't.

Life is dull at work...

..and my mind wanders..

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas,
Christopher Bate.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...