Monday, December 11, 2006

Good Times and Granule Thieves

Good Monday chirps to you all,

I hope you had a fun and frolic filled freakend.

Here's what I did:

On Friday I escaped from the evil clutches from my office, running and hiding in case it followed me home and the 9 to 5 nightmare would resume. I went home with the intention of relaxing, getting ready for my weekend with Kylie and drinking tea. H came down and I did all of the above with added company.


Somewhere along the way, I got blamed by my house mate’s girlfriend for the Christmas tree becoming crooked and, I may need clarification on this, the lights not working. Huffs and hissys a-plenty. It may have been the cat (It probably was, naughty Jinx) but I got the blame because, well, I don't know. It's all very confusing and ultimately pointless. As far as I'm aware, my house mates girlfriend does not contribute to the finacial upkeep of the house and whatever happens within it's confines is of zero business of hers. Sadly, the party days of The Steve and Bizzle are long over. Those days were like loud, flashy shirts compared to today's itchy grey suit.

For Christmas I hope Santa brings my formally fun house mate a backbone and a clear set of nostrils so he can wake up and smell the proverbial roses.

That didn't blight the weekend one bit thankfully because Saturday soon rolled around and I was in the company of Kylie.
Coming from a former cynic who believed that I would live out my days with an army of cats that I called my 'furry children', I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I really, really love this girl.


She's everything I have ever wanted in another human being (Romantic or otherwise) and flat out rules the roost. We're very alike, with similar taste, style and surreal sense of humour. She's gloriously quirky and we can banter about monkey/fish butlers and zebra coloured nuts without a care in the world. For the first time ever I actually mean it when I say 'I Love You' and I sincerely hope that Kylie and I will have many adventures together, across the high and low seas.

Where was I? Oh yes, Coventry. Kylie showed me around her hometown and I met some of her cool friends, saw some scenery and drank in some cool bars. It was a great, great weekend that felt longer than a couple of days (In the best possible way)
Coming home is always a bummer but there is always the upcoming Freakend which I fully intend to celebrate 27 years of my existence.
Jesus will be there. You should come too.

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Thumbs up to Kylie and love.
Thumbs down to itchy grey suited house-mate girlfriends. Tell her to bugger off (we don't use this expression in Canada, but you do, right?)....Happy Monday.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Yes, we tend to use bugger off rather a lot. I'm hoping that it will take off in other parts of the world. Can you imagine that?

Happy Monday to you too. I hope the weather is better there than it is here.

Anonymous said...

good to see you're so happy but I hope this won't mean you'll be neglecting your furry child. at the weekend I discovered mine had been doing shits under the bath. it broke my heart.

fb said...

And out of the gloom comes the light!

JonSheridan said...

See, I told you you'd meet her sooner or later :)

I'm glad you're happy in love and sad that your house isn't so swish and funlike anymore.

Honestly, since when were crooked Chrimbo trees the be all and end all of civilisation?

Never mind, at least you're all loved up and it's nice to see.

Word!

sophie said...

I hope he gets a backbone too -
or a new gal:)

Christopher D. Bate said...

By Jesus, I mean the small glow-in-the-dark Jesus that Kylie owns.

DanProject76 said...

Love. Heh. Told you so.

Kylie said...

Disco Jesus will be there too. He couldn't miss your birthday. It's too important.

Love the way you've exchanged the word "concrete" for "scenery", hehehe! Nice way of putting it honey.

I love you loads and loads :) I'm a very lucky girl. Zebra-shaped almonds,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Devil Mood said...

Aww that's so sweet :)
And Kylie's a blogger too - here she is! :)
It's always great to visit places guided by people we care about - it's a lot more memorable!

Anonymous said...

You could tell her to bugger off...or you could could elbow strike her several times to the face.

N.B Please don't do this really.

Gretta James said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend. I did too :)

Hey, have a great 27th I'll have a pint in honour of you.

Gretta x

x said...

hey Kylie! you made Chris so happy!
you rule! (erm, isn't it what young people say?)
big hugs to Chris and happy -early- birthday xx

Robin Alexa said...

I'm so happy that you are happy Christopher. Awesome.

I wish I could come to see you on your birthday and party with you and Jesus...but sadly across the pond is pretty far. I hope you have an awesome birthday my friend.

Kisses.

Kylie said...

Heehee! Glad to be of service! Virtual chocolate to you all!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...