Thursday, January 11, 2007

So, uh, yeah...


Has it really been a week since my last post? Jinkies!

I've been crazy busy though; planting the seeds for possible new careers and plotting to get the HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE PRISON. Yes, I have the worlds most simple and effective notice of resignation all ready to thrust into the clammy hands of however my manager is this week. Freedom feels good…scary good.

I've spent a large portion of my time with my girl and, over a fun weekend away from Westfield Road, we went for a nice meal with some cool people, drank (Pepsi for me) at a cheesy bar, shopped a few times, played on some swings and had many a chuckle, guffaw and other assorted laughs.

It was greatness and we're doing it all again this weekend. In between this I've had the first 'Orange Wednesday' for a good while which gave me the chance to catch up with my sweet friend Aaron and the always amusing Byng.

Had some blah blah on the film which I've posted on myspace. Frustrating stuff, films. I might try and become a wrestling manager. That would be fun and slightly weird. Or I could work in a zoo.

The world is my crazy oyster.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

I hear you...
I've had my golden ticket for some time now: life is still a crazy oyster.

Anonymous said...

Kylie is your oyster:)

Christopher D. Bate said...

I can't even remember writing that last bit about oysters.

Unknown said...

forget becoming a wrestling manager...I think you'd make a great wrestler. ;-)

Gretta James said...

the oyster is my world.

Oh pity the fool that is I.

Walter said...

I can see you as a wired Jimmy Hart figure, shouting advice from the edge of the mat.
Go for a wrestling gig, dude!

Maja said...

Wow awesome! It's so liberating to quit your job. Good times!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel.The total freedom sometimes feels more like jail, though...lol
Apart from the smell, I'd be quite happy to work in the zoo :)

Steve House said...

wait a minute... you went to a cheesy bar? You must be in love, I could never get you to come with me for a cheese fest.

Christopher D. Bate said...

My attitude towards cheese has changed slightly. Ramshackle's other room started to be more fun and there was no end of times where I would stop and think: "Man, Steve would love this!"
I've kind of mellowed in recent times because indie can get a bit tiresome after a while and you need a change.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...