Friday, February 09, 2007

FASHIONABLE MISERY

I’ve noticed a new fad creeping up the backstairs of my peers; a desire to WANT to be miserable. What’s that about? Who WANTS to be miserable, to be trapped? I hate it when I get my ‘downers’ because I have little or control over them. They always come and ruin my good time, like invaders. I hate it when it happens because no one WANTS to be miserable. I lock myself away to stop myself bothering other people because when you’re in that kind of state, NOTHING can snap you out of it. You just have to let it pass like shitty rain clouds.

I’m not saying that I have depression because, thanks to these ‘misery mongers’ that term has been diluted. People now assume that it’s merely a cry for attention or compliments. This is due to the type of people that CHOOSE to parade (Or slither) around bumming people out. Why?
It’s mostly because of TOO MUCH MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE and all that rot.


Real, anxiety-ridden people with real, anxiety-ridden problems are lumped in with the poser flock; people in ‘Nightmare before Christmas’ hoodies that hang out in the middle of town, staring at their shit-stained Converse in some bullshit misery en masse.

These people, these fucking FAKERS, are ruining it for people who ACTUALLY HAVE PROBLEMS. REAL problems, not ‘That guy has better hair than me and I want to die because he seems to get all the girls while I’m going to waste’. Boo hoo! Have you ever stopped to think that the very reason the object of your supposed desire doesn’t want you fiddling with her no-no parts is because of your PATHETIC, POST-TEENAGE WOE-IS-ME-FOR-NO-GOOD-REASON DIDDUMS?

These WANKERS are the kind of people that throw around ‘suicide’ in casual conversation.

“Do you want a coffee?”

“No, but I’d like to commit suicide”

Ooooh, what’s the matter?”


It’s not a cry for help, it’s merely a chance to fish for compliments which they take in, cheer up and then START THE WHOLE, DEPRESSING CIRCLE AGAIN! It’s grim egotism.
Fuck off, grow up and go Goth. At least then I won’t have to waste time placating your ego when I could talk to someone who is really low.

Again, I’m NOT saying that I’m one of the ‘true’ depressed people. I’ve taken steps to better my situation and quell the personal disharmony. It’s taken a lot of time, money and strain to iron out the personal kinks but I’ve done my best to make my life as good as possible. If any of you don’t agree, that’s fine. I just felt the need to get the frustration out there and Blogger is the finest forum for that (as is masturbation if you’re single)

This is all from people I know. I am not speaking for the world.

11 comments:

Gretta James said...

Hey sorry you're having a low day. But great news about moving in with Kylie - you go for it. Great stuff. :>

x said...

and have you noticed how many celebrities say that they have depression lately? it is really the fashionable way to feel.
blech!

DanProject76 said...

I very very much agree with that stuff what you did write.

When I am depressed the last thing I want to do is go out and advertise the fact.

Bah, Emo!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Gretta--My low day perked up when they let me go home early because of the snow. I think I'm just antsy because I'm almost at the end of my tenure at my terrible job and it can't come quick enough!

Chloe--Exactly! I blame the stars and emo.

Dan--I've been seeing a lot of 'fake lows' of late and it's mainly from people who could do something to improve things but they prefer to just wallow because it's easier.Where is the sense in that?

orange anubis said...

You're so right. And apart from blogging and wanking (obviously), the best way to deal with misery is to have a fucking good laugh about it.

Anonymous said...

I find from observation (I have teens) that people that are depressed seem to do the same things, such as dress the same, listen to the same music and hang in the same place.

Being low can pull one in very easy and it often takes all of ones strength to get out. The key thing is once your out finding the path to keep out.

JM said...

Have a good weekend!!!
I don't like the blahs either. And I certainly don't like letting people know I have them.

RuKsaK said...

HA! At last - Morrissey is retro!!

Eric said...

Or they could actually kill themselves and spare us the trouble of hearing them whine all day. Jeez, just take a Xanax already and mope somewhere else.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Everybody is right, even Blair. I don't hate much but I do hate that. People don't pretend to be blind for fun do they?

Blair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...