Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm looking forward to life getting back to normal. Kylie and I are starting to settle into the new flat after THE MOST STRESSFUL MOVE EVER and get back to smiling, playing games and having fun. Despite a lack of cash from the hectic Christmas period, we'll still be able to enjoy ourselves.
It would be great if other people (and by that I mean my idiot former land lord) didn't invade our mental space. Our former land lord is a total tool. We had to move over Christmas because he lost the flat due to not paying the mortgage. We were advised to leave as quick as we could by our letting agency. Now, three days after we left the flat, he wants to keep the place and he wants us to give it another clean despite the fact that we left it ship shape. Basically, he wants us to do him yet another favour because we have done so many for him in the past. Even the agency think he's being a prick. I just laughed at him. He's clearly not in the best way because of his hap hazard approach to finances and terrible people skills.
This is a man who once changed his account details and forgot to tell us after our rent went out and whose lacklustre land lord duties caused me to fix all the problems myself.
The guy keeps having this sudden changes of heart and expects everyone to do his bidding because, well, he's pretty bloody incapable of getting things done himself. It annoys me that I did this guy so many favours, saved him money on repairs and he still wants more. I was never obliged to help him out but I did so to be a nice, trouble-free tenant.

If this guy takes a portion of our deposit it will be unfair as a few days ago it was all good because didn't give a shit about the property. Now we may have to cough op for 'a cleaner' because he's had a change of heart and now wants to be petty.
This is the most I've had to deal with the guy so at least, for the most part, our time at Apartment 40 was an enjoyable one. He's managed to turn a simple flat move into something resembling a break up. Next he'll want to split the DVD's and CD's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know if you already know this or not cause you are pretty f-ing smart and stuff but apparently moving is up in the TOP TEN most stressful things to do in life and i think being a dentist is on the same list.

Maja said...

Wow that would make me so mad, what a bastard! When we moved out of our rental my grandma and my mum came over and scrubbed the place spotless and we had the carpets cleaned. I was always cleaning when we lived there anyway. I was still a bit worried that they wouldn't be happy with the way we left the house, because you just never know, however, the real estate agent was really appreciative and said it was awesome.

I hope you still get all your bond back. Hey, maybe you should go back and photograph the place for evidence that you left it clean.

fb said...

Good to hear from you.

Happy New Year!

Here's to the both of you having a fun filled year!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Here's hoping, eh?

Hope you are well, Fb.

Corinna; I would like to see that list.

Maja: Everyone seems to think that way which is good. I don't like someone making out that I'm sloppy, untidy or anything like that. What if it gets back to my Mom? I'll get nagged to death! :)

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...