Monday, February 09, 2009

There's nothing like a day at work..

...

to take the fight right out of you.

My job involves me saying the same thing to the same people for seven long hours.

It's no wonder people age quickly. They're gleeful enthusiasm for life is knocked out of them with endless repetition. I admire people who love their jobs because at least every day has an element of fun about it. I don't think I could love any 9 to 5 I ever do because it's mostly the same types of people blundering around, making ill-advised comments about other people and grazing at their desks. Today has been a long day. A very long day and there was no way to spice it up. I'm powerless to jazz up my own life outside of Kylie. I tend to flounder on my own. All I want to do...all I ever want to do...is just dance around the flat with Miss Lovely.

I started out in the best mood today. I managed to get quite a bit of writing done. There's another uncertainty. A few months ago, it was looking pretty rosey. I thought I'd be able to do more and more of this. Now, who knows? Now all I have is this crappy job and my overactive imagination. At least work can't stop my mind from wandering even if my body can't.








Mind you, it could be worse. I could be Fred Durst, Micheal Winner, Peaches Geldof....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't really say i do much more than dance around or stare off into space when im alone. i've never had a job i like 'for real'. cept being a wife but that isn't a job, should be stupid government.

Christopher D. Bate said...

I wish I could dance around. I used to bounce around my old office, talking to people and making the most of it. Now I'm in a small room with nothing but my thoughts. That's never good.

kimberlina said...

ugh, it's SO hard to keep going when you have a job you hate. i finally have a job i can deal with. i don't love it, but i don't want to kill myself at the end of the day. that's the goal to aim for!

Christopher D. Bate said...

I will aim for that. I just need to start spending more time on Planet Earth.

Maja said...

My high school chemistry teacher said that whatever you do, do something for a living that pays lots of money because in ten years you'll hate it anyway.

He was right, unfortunately. You could start out loving your job but after ten years it's highly likely you don't care anymore.

My job can be extremely repetitive and boring, even things that are different end up being the same sort of thing. I'm just glad I'm getting paid a lot to be here.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...