Thursday, December 30, 2010

Post - Rock Appreciation #1




Easily, one of the best live bands I've seen in ages and their record 'The Quiet Lamb' is something special. I'm not a music reviewer (I don't have enough dopey metaphors to crank out, say, an NME-type review) so I will just let the music speak for itself. 
Her Name Is Calla are one of my favourites. This is the kind of music that big headphones are made for. Allow that atmosphere into your ears. I used to lie on my bed, in my old house, and contemplate and dream up things whilst listening to 'Takk' by Sigur Ros. This, I feel, will replace that. It's a wonderful switch and it doesn't remind me of the BBC. (The BBC have diluted more than enough Sigur Ros songs for various documentaries and dramas)


Also, enjoy this..


Her Name is Calla - Long Grass










No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...