Saturday, January 05, 2013

I Can't Let You Do That, Star Fox

Ugh. The sickness. I've been cold cocked by a cocking cold. I've not been able to focus on anything despite having shed loads to do. From New Years Day, I decided to re-focus into the more creative side, not for a shot at any kind of glory but to make myself (and possibly family and friends) proud. I wanted to get back into the DIY story/film culture and it didn't take long for the wheels to start turning, hit the road and head towards destination possible.
I didn't expect it to happen so quick or for people to be on the same page so I've been writing and getting extremely self conscious that what I have so far isn't up for snuff.

 A good friend has also asked me to take part and write some bits and bobs for a monthly collection, with a style that I should be able to crank out without too much worry. Maybe it's the flu but I find it hard to write a sentence at the moment. I'm pretty sure, when my head is clear, I can write with confidence.

Tonight, we are having a small party, watching the recently shown Ye Old CITV kids shows that we recorded this morning. I imagine a lot of people are doing that because those kinds of memories are better shared by groups. With beer. I won't be partaking in any adult pop as I'm having a dry month (not literally, I'll still be drinking other liquids and not pints of air and dust) but we will be eating hot dogs and watching shows that are still either great or best forgotten. Like my Mother.

Why Star Fox? Well, because of my flu-sponsored limited attention span, I've mostly been watching short films on You Tube and other, nerdy things like, and this is a true search; "NEW ZEALAND STORY FINAL BOSS" and "KID ICARUS NES"- I have quite a few films on DVD from Christmas but I'm all dozy and I want to watch them when I feel less zombified. My most excellent brother (and Star Fox fan) Nick got me a collection of all the Batman animated films. I'm particularly looking forward to watching YEAR ONE.

So, I'm going back to writing, despite my head feeling like someone is staging a ROYAL RUMBLE inside it. Oh, I'm so brave. 

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...