Thursday, September 05, 2013

Engaged

Halfway through the long weekend, after Treat Yo Self and halfway through another Invitational, something happened. No, I didn't win the coveted Jelly Baby of Awesome. In fact, I crashed and burned, once again not making it past the first round.
No, the Nerf Shotgun I purchased from Toys R Us wasn't the pick up of the day either. (Although it has a quality action and bargain at the price I paid.)
No, I proposed to Kylie.
It was sudden. So sudden that I surprised even myself. To be fair, it's been something that I've wanted to do for a good while but time has been a factor amongst other things. I did plan to do it whilst on holiday but, again, time (and money) was causing feet (not literally) to be dragged.
Instead, I asked her to be my wife in the lovely garden of my friends wonderful house. It seemed right and it got the answer I was looking for.

The answer, of course, was 'Yes'.

So, plotting and planning then has been the whole thing for this week. Plotting and the gym (for her, not me - I have yet to cash in my free pass and see what it's like) For someone who was scared of marriage ten years ago, I'm excited as funk now.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...