Tuesday, May 20, 2014

So, my friend Ben Baker came down (or up, my geography is pretty crappy) for a few days. It was one of those long weekends that seem much longer, in a good way (I've had the opposite so I know, roughly, what I'm saying)
Thursday was MC LARS at the Soundhouse and what a treat that was. It was one of those gigs where everything, from the support acts to the final musical thrones, was pure joy. There was interaction, interchangeable rappers (they were all friends so a lot of guesting), giddy bass players and a sense of wild, nerdy abandon. I've never been good at summing up gigs because I ramble, more so than I am now. Needless to carp on, it was just a brill gig in a great venue. The gig poster says it all, really.

Friday, having more time, we showed Ben around our favourite haunts (bars) and had the kind of unique, free-wheeling banter that geniuses have (by geniuses, I mean handsome manchildren) - It was kind of a blur (again, in a good way) but it was time well spent in very good company.

Saturday - BBQ. It was fun. Ace people came along and Ben had created a party playlist that had something for everyone.
I wish weekends like that could happen more often. I fully intend to keep things ticking over.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...