Sunday, July 19, 2015

It's been a long time since I wrote anything on here and a longer time since this whole thing was a hub of moderate activity. I remember how precious this blog was before Facebook condensed everything into easily digestible tablets of mostly pointless information.
Not that this blog was every anything of substance. If anything, it was mostly excuse to mooch off work and keep track of my then topsy-turvey singledom. Man, was that a weird time for younger Christopher B. I was living it up like a generic, confused twentysomething with dreams far above his station.

Still, things got interesting in a 'not very interesting to everyone else' kind of way. You see, most people who blog have a lot of time on their hands or, at the very least, interesting jobs but there are some, most I'd say, that pump out posts because they have a metric ton of time on their hands. 

When you start to get serious, even in the early years, your online presence starts to vain. Maybe it's because your audience is now reduced to the one that would actually like to see you naked, as opposed to the people you envisioned being naked. Or did I mean supportive? Either way, you reduce your output because your adventures are no longer amusing, or interesting. You've grown up, grasped that previously unobtainable maguffin and asked it to be your wife (or hushand). Who, in the right mind would want to read about your non-adventures in Ikea or your fancy cheese and wine party? 

Who actually read this to begin with?
People with a lot of time on their hands.

I miss that.

I'm still here, interesting or not. 

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...