Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Young Stepladder of the Year

We salute winner of Young Stepladder of the Year - Veronica Stepford.

Veronica beat off stiff and varied competition to claim the crown but there was never any doubt that she would take home the prize because of her contribution to the arts this year. 

I have the absolute privilege to sit down with Veronica as she contemplated her next move.

Firstly, congrats!

Thank you. Thank you so much!

Stepladder of the year. .

I know. It doesn't seem real! I honestly thought Yolanda was going to take it. She's a mid-sized, chrome-based ladder from Russia. She's already a star in her native land. A real celebrity.

She has a perfume out.

I know! I didn't think I would stand a chance against her and the others!

But the judges were unanimous in their decision. You dominated the singing contest and, if I can be frank, your speech was easily the best the competition has ever seen. It was a real tear jerker!

Thank you. I really have my parents to thank for that. They were the inspiration for everything. They worked so hard to raise me and it's all because of them that I am here today.

Balancing on the top of the world.

Yeah..

How did they take the news?

They were so thrilled! My Dad called all of my relatives despite the fact that they were all watching already!

That's sweet. What's next for you?

I've always wanted to act and I have been approached to be in a David O Russell film. I'm going to play the stepladder that Jennifer Lawrence uses to reach a object that's far too high up. It's a pivotal part as it's my character that causes hers to meet Bradley Cooper.

I look forward to seeing that. Well done again, Veronica! It was amazing.

Thank you. Thank you! 


No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...