Monday, January 11, 2016

Bowie

Sometimes, when a person you admire dies, you just refuse to believe it. It happened with Joe Strummer years ago. When I heard the news of his death, whilst Christmas shopping in a Virgin Megastore, I dropped everything on the floor.

Upon hearing about David Bowies sudden death this morning, I just froze. I honestly thought it was a weird publicity stunt for his new record. Of course, this wasn't the case and the utter sadness that came from the seemingly near-to-breaking 6music presenters made it all the more real.

Things just seem all broken today.

What can you say about Bowie? Where would you even start with someone like that? There are so many versions, in so may eras that it's hard to pin the great man down and select a favourite persona/album/event. With the release of his latest album, folks have the same, 'Bowie through the years' conversation, with various myths and legends attached. He was also so very fascinating. There was something for everyone.
It's tough knowing that there won't be another era to dig into. If anyone could have still impressed, astounded and confounded at 80/90, it would have been him.
Earth is a lot less fantastic now he's gone back to his home planet. A guy that good, that amazing, only really be an alien. We'll never see the likes of David Bowie again.










No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...