Monday, February 01, 2016

Dear Margot,
I hope this email finds you well. It was sent via first class, with lots of stamps attached. So many that it's been hard to use my computer screen ever since.
 I wanted to thank you for the wonderful party you threw at your grounds last weekend. Myself and my husband (a powerful, but mildly insane Doctor) enjoyed it immensely. To think, until this day, we had never eaten polar bear or seen such displays of majestic talent. Wherever did you find such thrilling entertainers? I held my breath when that magician made his own legs vanish, only to be found behind my husbands ear. How did he do it?! 
I personally loved the man whose sword swallowed him, as opposed to the other way around. I'm still scratching my head thinking about how such a fine blade could swallow whole a fully grown man.
You truly wallow in marvels, my sweet friend!
We would love to attend your summer party which, if rumours are to be believed, will feature bees doing tricks. I hope my invite is forthcoming.
Thank you ever so once more.
Your friend
Emily Scream Silk

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...