Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Friends Reunited*

I've recently updated my profile on Friends Reunited. See what you think. I'm guessing I wont be invited to the reunion.

Has it been so long? It only seems like yesterday when I was a student within the hallowed walls of Thorns School. Such treasured memories; my first kiss with Sarah-Jane Broll on the coach back from York (I'll never forget the look of disappointment on her face) English with 'Simple' Simon, being afraid of the supposed 'hard' kids who, despite their failings in every subject, could at least take comfort in the fact that they were 'The twelfth hardest in the year' (I'm sure that awesome accolade has graced many a dog-eared C.V), trying (and failing) to trick Shelly Blackmore, Laura Heath and all the other pretty girls into going out with me.
I could go on but I wont.
It’s both emotionally painful and physically boring. I haven't changed much. I still give women cause to look disappointed but, hey, that's life.
I don’t have any kids and I am not married (I don’t really count them as successes or achievements. Anyone can knock out a few kids, (Accidental or otherwise) some people did while they were still at school)For those that do give a fiddlers f u c k, I am a moderately successful screenwriter and I have a film in production with an American film company (Take THAT, Mr Avis!)
I’m hoping that my future will be creatively (Perhaps not financially) fulfilling but only time will tell.If you want to get in touch then do.
It would be interesting to see which of the so-called ‘Hard lads’ have been killed/imprisoned/overdosed this year. (You know you love it when that happens!)
Long live Thorns and all who sailed upon her!

(*I know this is ye olde but I didn't want to lose it now the old site is gone.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...