Tuesday, January 11, 2005

There's this girl...

...In my office. A real beauty. She smiled at me today and I almost fell over. I'm such a child when it comes to crushes.
I know nothing could/would come of it. She has a typically handsome boyfriend and, well, she probably wouldn't look at me twice if I was on fire but I think that's the charm.
Unrequited attraction is a lot easier. Always has been and always will be.
You can't fuck up what you don't have, can you?

Or...I could shove my usual Hugh Grant-alike politeness aside and say how I feel. I could walk over to her desk and declare, at a reasonable volume, my fondness for her face and everything that surrounds it.

"Hey, Peaches. Sorry, I don't know your real name, I fancy you. I really do. I think you are smashing and I would like to take you out and get to know the inner and outer you a lot better. I know you have a boyfriend and, yes he may be more distinguished in the hair department, but his features are rather bland and average whereas mine are like a carnival. What do you have to say to that, my lovely?"

It won't work. The best laid plans rarely do. At least I will have made a bold statement of intent rather than sitting at my desk waiting for something more thrilling to happen.


2 comments:

D.T. Johnson said...

Perhaps a move like that will work out better than my feeble attempt.
ooh my aching black heart

the ladies love hugh grant, in curtisland that is.
life should be like the movies

Christopher D. Bate said...

My failings have become legendary. They'd be the death of me if I cared. I'm really suprised how unbothered I am.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...