Monday, January 24, 2005

Random Thoughts....As They Happen

  1. It's 8:25am. I'm bored already. As you can tell I'm doing as much work as usual. I really need a new job and a change of pace, just for a while until the other things work themselves out.
  2. Just had a look on Amazon.co.uk and found a novel written by one Steven Gordan. Some of you may remember him from a few years ago (or those that came to London with me do). He was going to make 'Death Rides The Nine'. It reminded me that I contributed to a film called 'Pavement' (I was one of SIX writers!) in early 2002 and I've never seen it. I was told it was being filmed. Perhaps it never got past the production stage. Mr Gordan was a pretty strange guy if I recall. A cockney David Lynch and he managed to jerk me around quite a bit. You can buy his book for 50p from Amazon. I got mine for free. It was signed too. Perhaps I can sell it for double the price.
  3. H and I managed to upset a bunch of people online in one of our latenight creative meet-ups. 12am-7am (Oh, how I paid for that on Saturday) There's something satisfactory about winding up snobbish Americans whilst safe in the knowledge that they can't punch you in the face. It's on Conversational Balloonists if you want to have a read and lose some respect for me.
  4. ASDA's Redbull knock-off 'Blue Charge' is the epitomy of rank. It weakens (and possibly erodes) the bladder.
  5. It's now 9.15am and I haven't really touched my work. Perhaps I should leave before they realise that I'm not really into this job and that I have no desire to progress. I think this is true of every job I've ever had. I get bored very easily and I spend most of my time writing down ideas or day dreaming until I move on or get asked to leave. I don't really have a career planned out. Well, not a realistic one anyway.
  6. Interpols' 'Evil' video gives me the creeps. Puppets are scary enough without stary eyes and human teeth.
  7. Am I the only one not bothered about ipod's?
  8. I'm going to have to be more thrifty and sensible with my wages this month.
  9. It's 9.30. I'd love to be at home with a mug of tea and MTV2.
  10. My boss has just turned up and it's gone dead quiet. When she's not here the office is like a class room of unattended children. Paper planes and all.
  11. Does whitening toothpaste really work? If so, what's the best brand?
  12. It would be a lot easier if dogs had a grasp of basic words. For example, if they could say 'food', 'play' 'walk' or 'poo'. At least then I'd know what to do when I'm dog-sitting Bonnie, my housemates hound.
  13. I want to buy the laser guns from The Gadget Shop that, instead of making a noise when you hit your opponents pack, they give out a nasty shock. I love the way toys are getting intense. If I have a spare £35 I may purchase them. They would make for great entertainment at a party/gathering.
  14. It's 10:20. I must not fall asleep. Focus! Focus!
  15. The work of David Firth (www.fat-pie.com) is not for everyone. Flash toons like 'Milk Man' can divide a room.
  16. I have a strange attraction to Ashlee Simpson. This troubles me but I'm not sure why.
  17. I have a lot of dreams featuring Zombies. What does that mean?
  18. The vending machine has skanked me for the last time. Another packet of Doritos trapped within it's whirly grasp. Some bozo is going to get a two-for-one if they go for D4.
  19. I perhaps overeacted when one of my colleagues remarked that noone but her and this other guy make the tea. I was offended enough to shout "I make tea, you cheeky sod!" with a bit too much conviction.
  20. What happened to my LINKS???!!!
  21. This is going to be a loooooooooong day.

If you have any anwers to any of the above ponderings please throw down some words into the comments.

4 comments:

Christopher D. Bate said...

It said in her programme she was 19. I'm not that sick. I was a bit disturbed by my attraction because she's not my type at all. Perhaps I am becoming desperate. Mind you, my housemate has a major thing for Mean Girl's Lindsey Lohan and Brian Mcfadden. Scary.

D.T. Johnson said...

You can get a t-shirt saying...... "I fucked the Olsen twins, before they were famous" everyone should wear it.
Also my comments don't seem to be going onto charlie's blog. annoying as hell!
Fearing for the safety of my body I never drank the green 'Blue Charge'. However i could smell it as i walked in the room.
Digital Ash In A Digital Urn is a great album. I very much looking forward to teh gig.

Christopher D. Bate said...

I would not heartily endorse Blue Charge. I'd rather drink drain cleaner which I suspect that's really what it was albeit in a lemony form.

Waiting for my albums to come. Got to soak both of them up before the gig.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...