Friday, January 07, 2005

When tribute band/crowd banter goes wrong:

The Shed, Friday Night. A 'Party band'. Uggh. This gem happened and woke me up (for a bit)


SINGER: (Cocky and smug)We are in a funk mood. Who wants to get funked up? Who wants to get funked real good?
HECKLER: Why don't you go and funk yourself?
SINGER:(Flustered) Uh, Did somebody say Maroon 5?


Boo-yah!


Said singer also had the wind knocked further out of his sails when he invited Kizzy to join him on stage for a duet of 'Teenage Dirtbag'.
Word to the wise; if you want to run with tigers, you are going to get clawed.
Oh, how his face paled with shock and alarm when Kiz gave a performance worthy of Karen O of The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. I'd go so far to say that it was a perfect 'punk' moment from a girl who knows really doesn't give two turds about embarrassment or what people think (And if that's not punk..what is? Having green hair and a Good Charlotte album ? Do me a favour!)
The sooner she forms an all-girl thrash band the better. She's going to waste trying to be a 'normal' person.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...