Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hello/OK?

Celebrity Gossip magazines really grieve me. I know a girl who buys them by the truck load and reads out what she thinks is an interesting article ("Madonna's had a new tree in her back garden. It's a designer one that blossoms expensive ear-rings").
I had a gander at Hello/OK/Scoop or whatever it was and scanned article after article of pointless, inane garbage.
Why do we have a fascination with the day to day lives of those richer than us?
I can understand rock biographies and those interested in people that create but these mags are just baffling.

"Brad Pitt spotted whistling"
"Justin Timberlake has a meal just like a normal person"
"Britney walks past butchers"
"50 Cent buys a pair of shoes"


WHO CARES?!

The one that got to me the most was a story on Jade Goody's new boyfriend. Jade, for those of you who have the joy of having never heard/seen her, is an ex-Big Brother contestant from a few years ago. Somehow she has managed to stay 'famous' by doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Who care's if she has a new boyfriend? What possible use is that information to anyone?
What next?

FRONT COVER:

"(INSERT 'CELEBRITY') completes Streetfighter 2 on the HARDEST setting: See inside for 56 pages of pictures"


"I've got a new shed- Tom Cruise shows us where he hangs his shears and keeps his hammers."

"I fucked someone this weekend and I have no intention of calling them - Robbie Williams"


Rubbish.

7 comments:

Blog ho said...

I read them for the clevage. Which is to say I don't read them at all but look at the fine, fine pics.

Christopher D. Bate said...

There is a lot of clevage and plush sofas. I don't know what's more erotic.

Blog ho said...

vibrating plush sofas?

Christopher D. Bate said...

Leather is good.

lolabythesea said...

Bleugh!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Baseball arrested march 7 2006 Adriana sage blog sauna t mobile blackberry Weight loss diet pill .casalemedia.com mail slot bronze redhead naturals big tits Guaranteed search engine marketing services Phendimetrazine safe What is a tow package for minivans agassi slot machines

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. 1998 contour control ford switch transmission vacuum cleaner

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...